Condoleezza Rice: External Links
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The following are External Links related to Condoleezza Rice.
Biographical & Professional Data
- The White House, "Biography of Dr. Condoleeza Rice National Security Advisor, March 2004; "On January 28, 2005, President Bush attended Dr. Rice's swearing-in ceremony as the 66th Secretary of State."
- The White House, "Condoleeza Rice - White House: assistant to the President for National Security Affairs", undated, accessed April 2004.
- Hoover Institution, "Condoleezza Rice: Thomas and Barbara Stephenson Senior Fellow", undated, accessed April 2004.
Articles & Commentary
- Representative Henry A. Waxman, "Iraq on the Record," undated, accessed April 2004.
- the view from Pravda
- Condoleezza Rice, Campaign 2000 -- Promoting the National Interest: "Life After the Cold War," Foreign Policy/Council on Foreign Relations, January/February 2000: "With no Soviet threat, America has found it exceedingly difficult to define its 'national interest.' Foreign policy in a Republican administration should refocus the country on key priorities: building a military ready to ensure American power, coping with rogue regimes, and managing Beijing and Moscow. Above all, the next president must be comfortable with America's special role as the world's leader."
- Steve Kettman, Bush's Secret Weapon, Salon.com, March 20, 2000.
- Council on Foreign Relations, "Bush Senior Foreign Policy Adviser Condoleezza Rice", Wednesday, August 9, 2000.
- Michael Dobbs, "Josef Korbel's enduring foreign policy legacy: professor mentored daughter Albright and student Rice", Washington Post, December 28, 2000, page A05.
- Dick Thompson, "Why U.S. Environmentalists Pin Hopes on Europe Activists hope President Bush will find European leaders more persuasive than Christie Whitman on global warming", Time, March 26, 2001.
- Center for Public Integrity, "Rice's Chevron service", The Public i, Volume 7, No 3, June 2001.
- Ben Wright, "Profile: Condoleezza Rice, BBC News, September 25, 2001.
- Condoleezza Rice's Secret Weapon: How our National Security Adviser finds the strength to defend the free world, Christianty Today, Vol. 40, No. 5, September/October 2002, Page 18.
- Derrick Z. Jackson, "A lesson from Condoleeza Rice", Boston Globe, November 20, 2002. (The original quote was from an interview the preceding year with Newsweek in which she said "It wasn't as if someone said 'You have to be twice as good' and 'isn't that a pity' or 'isn't that wrong.' It was just 'You have to be twice as good.'"
- US politics: The quiet power of Condi Rice The Bulletin (with Newsweek), Vol. 120 No. 51, December 11, 2002.
- Condoleezza Rice, "Why We Know Iraq Is Lying", New York Times, January 23, 2003.
- The Amazing Stories of Condoleezza Rice, BuzzFlash, July 25, 2003.
- Dana Milbank and Mike Allen, "Iraq Flap Shakes Rice's Image: Controversy Stirs Questions of Reports Unread, Statements Contradicted, Washington Post, July 27, 2003; Page A01.
- The Unflappable Condi Rice: Why the world's most powerful woman asks God for help, Christianity Today, Vol. 47, No. 9, September 2003, Page 42.
- 'The Privilege of Struggle': How Rice understands suffering and prayer, Christianity Today, Vol. 47, No. 9, September 2003, Page 44.
- Hard Line on the Road Map: Can Rice put pressure on the nation she admires?, Christianity Today magazine, Vol. 47, No. 9, September 2003, Page 46.
- One Citizen, "Why Condi and Not Rummy?, BuzzFlash, October 20, 2003.
- Elisabeth Bumiller, "A Partner in Shaping an Assertive Foreign Policy", New York Times, January 7, 2004.
- The White House, "Biography of Dr. Condoleeza Rice National Security Advisor, March 2004.
- Dan Froomkin, "Who's Who in the White House", Washington Post, March 10, 2004.
- Lawrence M. O'Rourke, "Clarke, Rice trade charges on terrorist response", Sacramento Bee, March 25, 2004.
- Center for American Progress, "Fact Check: Condi Rice's '60 Minutes' Interview", March 28, 2004.
- Alberto R. Gonzales (Counsel to the President), "letter to Thomas H. Kean, Chairman and Lee H. Hamilton, Vice Chairman National Commission on Terrorist Attacks upon the United States", March 30, 2004.
- Catherine Austin Fitts, "An Open Letter to Condoleeza Rice - You are a Liar", April 2004.
- Condoleezza Rice, "Rice Opening Statement to the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States, Washington Post, April 8, 2004.
- "Transcript: Rice's Testimony on 9/11", Thursday, April 8, 2004;
- Hope Yen, "Rice Says 'No Silver Bullet' to Prevent Sept. 11 Attacks", Associated Press, April 8, 2004.
- Laura Flanders, "The Condi Rice Version of History," AlterNet, April 8, 2004: "The following is an excerpt from the chapter 'Sweetness and Light: Condoleezza Rice' from Laura Flanders' new book Bushwomen: Tales of a Cynical Species (Verso Books). For more information about the book, visit www.lauraflanders.com."
- "Rice: Key points from 9/11 testimony", BBC News - UK edition, April 8, 2004.
- "9/11 team seeks 'Bin Laden' memo", BBC News - UK edition, April 8, 2004.
- "Rice testimony begs more questions", BBC News - UK edition, April 8, 2004.
- "Rice defends White House on 9/11", BBC News - World edition, April 8, 2004.
- "US press assesses Rice testimony, BBC News - World edition, April 9, 2004.
- Marian Wilkinson, "Rice leaves big mystery unsolved", Sydney Morning Herald, April 10, 2004.
- Marian Wilkinson, "Bush ready to release terror memo", Sydney Morning Herald, April 10, 2004.
- Linda Minor, "Who 'Created' Condi Rice?" Sanders Research Associates, June 16, 2004.
- Stan Correy, "Condoleezza, Condoleezza", Background Briefing, ABC Radio National, April 3, 2005.
- Condoleeza Rice, "Remarks to the Annual Convention of the American Society of Newspaper Editors", Washington, DC, April 15, 2005.
- Farah Stockman, "Rice stresses need for democracy: Blames terrorism on 'freedom deficit'", Boston Globe, April 16, 2005.
- Judd Legum, Faiz Shakir, Nico Pitney, Amanda Terkel and Payson Schwin, "Condi's European Vacation," The Progress Report, December 6, 2005.
- Joel Brinkley, "Diplomatic Memo; The Man Behind the Secretary of State's Rock Star Image", New York Times, December 5, 2005.
- Robert Parry, "Condi, War Crimes & the Press," Consortium News, April 4, 2006: "During the three years of carnage in Iraq, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice has shifted away from her now-discredited warning about a 'mushroom cloud' to assert a strategic rationale for the invasion that puts her squarely in violation of the Nuremberg principle against aggressive war." Also see civil war in Iraq.
- Kirk Semple, "Iraqi Says Visit by Two Diplomats Backfired," New York Times, April 6, 2006.
- Matthew Barakat, "Lawyer: Rice Allegedly Leaked Defense Info," Associated Press (truthout), April 21, 2006.
- Bill Hutchinson, "Condi uses Civil War to slap Iraq critics," New York Daily News, September 5, 2006.
- Joe Sudbay, "Condi, who lied to Americans about the Iraq War, challenges Clinton," AMERICAblog, September 26, 2006. re William Jefferson Clinton
- John Aravosis, "Condi Rice and George Bush did NOTHING after the CIA warned them that Bin Laden was determined to strike in the US" and "Bush refuses to give evidence that he did anything to stop Bin Laden pre-9/11," AMERICAblog, September 26, 2006.
- Ian Bishop, "Rice Boils Over at Bubba. Rips 'Flatly False' Claim on Bush's Bid to Get bin Laden," New York Post, September 26, 2006.
- "Rice Falsely Claims Clinton Administration Did Not Leave A ‘Strategy To Fight Al Qaeda’," Think Progress, September 26, 2006.
- Judd Legum, "Rice Falsely Claims Bush’s Pre-9/11 Anti-Terror Efforts Were ‘At Least As Aggressive’ As Clinton’s," Think Progress, September 26, 2006.
- "Fact-Checking Condi on Anti-Terror Claims," truthdig, September 26, 2006.
- Larry Womack, "2001 memo to Rice contradicts statements about Clinton, Pakistan," The Raw Story, September 26, 2006. Also see:
- January 25, 2001, memo from Richard A. Clarke to Condoleezza Rice (3-page pdf).
- 2000 "Strategy for Eliminating the Threat from the Jihadist Networks of al-Qida: Status and Prospects." (13-page pdf).
- Billmon, "Arroz Con Pollo," Whiskey Bar, October 2, 2006. re pre-September 11, 2001 intelligence.
- Dan Eggen and Robin Wright, "Tenet Recalled Warning Rice. Former CIA Chief Told 9/11 Commission of Disputed Meeting," Washington Post, October 3, 2006.
- Evan Derkacz, "Rice was warned of 9/11 in 7/10 meeting," AlterNet, October 3, 2006. Includes YouTube video link to Keith Olbermann segment.
- Joe Sudbay, "When Condi knifed Rummy or how the Sec. of State disposed of the Sec. of Defense (and Cheney)," AMERICAblog, November 12, 2006. re Donald H. Rumsfeld
- Julian Borger and David Pallister, "Corruption: the 'second insurgency' costing $4bn a year. One third of rebuilding contracts under criminal investigation," Guardian Unlimited (UK), December 2, 2006.
- "Rice: Iraq ‘worth the investment’. U.S. is ready to elect black president, secretary of state says," Associated Press (MSNBC), December 21, 2006.
- Keith Olbermann, "Special comment: Condi goes too far. Olbermann: Secretary Rice’s comparison of Saddam to Hitler is not accurate," Countdown/MSNBC, Februrary 27, 2007.
- Dan Eggen and Paul Kane, "Hill Subpoenas Approved for Rice, Other Bush Officials. As Democrats Seek Administration Testimony on Various Issues, Ex-Justice Aide Receives Limited Immunity," Washington Post, April 26, 2007.
- "Rice signals rejection of House subpoena. Says she's already answered questions; hints at use of executive privilege," Associated Press (MSNBC), April 26, 2007.
- "Condi to defy Congressional subpoena," AMERICAblog, April 26, 2007.
- "The Architects of War: Where Are They Now?" Think Progress, July 2007.
- Amanda Terkel, "Rice’s Waning Influence: Networks Reject Secretary Of State As Sunday Show Guest," Think Progress, September 24, 2007.
- Marcy Wheeler, "Madame Secretary Finally Accepts an Invitation" and "Condi Must Be Preparing a Dog and a Pony," The Next Hurrah, October 24, 2007.
- Spencer Ackerman, "Politico: Rice to Testify on Iraq Corruption," TPMmuckraker, October 24, 2007.
- Jonathan Weisman, "White House Feels Waxman's Oversight Gaze," Washington Post, October 25, 2007.
- Anne Flaherty, "House Panel Critical of Iraq Contractors," Associated Press, October 25, 2007.
- Live-blogging Testimony before the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, October 25, 2007
- Marcy Wheeler, The Next Hurrah Blog, October 25, 2007:
- Spencer Ackerman, TPMmuckraker, October 25, 2007:
- Jim Lobe, "Likudnik Hawks Work to Undermine Annapolis," Inter Press Service (Antiwar.com), November 22, 2007.
- "I Want Condi", StinkTank, March 2004.