Conectas Human Rights
Conectas Human Rights "is an international non-governmental, not-for-profit organization, founded in Sao Paulo, Brazil in October 2001, with the following mission:
"Promoting respect for human rights and contributing to the consolidation of the Rule of Law in the Global South (Africa, Asia, and Latin America).
"Accordingly, Conectas develops programs that aim at strengthening activists and academics in the southern hemisphere and increasing their interaction with the United Nations and among them. In Brazil, and in the region, Conectas promotes strategic and public interest litigation.
"Conectas Human Rights, based Sao Paulo, Brazil, invites interested parties to participate in the VI International Human Rights Colloquium, an annual capacity-building and peer-learning event designed for young activists from the "Global South" (Africa, Asia and Latin America). The objective of the Colloquium is to strengthen the impact of human rights activists' work and offer an opportunity to build new collaborative networks among activists and academics. The Colloquium offers lectures, seminars, and working groups on topics including the role of constitutional courts in protecting human rights, human rights litigation strategies, documenting and denouncing human rights violations, and designing strategies for sustainable financing. The Colloquium is organized by Conectas Human Rights and SUR – Human Rights University Network." 
For details about the VII International Human Rights Colloquium see.
- European Commission
- Foundation Open Society Institute (OSI, OSISA, OS-Justice Initiative)
- Natura Cosmetics
- Ford Foundation
- Oak Foundation
- Overbrook Foundation
- Tinker Foundation
- United Nations Foundation (UNF)
- United Nations Democracy Fund
- United Nations Development Program
Other donors and partners:
- Irish Consulate for Brazil
- British Council
- United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights
Accessed September 2007: 
- Anamaria Schindler - International President, Ashoka
- Claude Grinfeder - Member of the Board, Votorantim Cimentos Ltda.
- Jose Carlos Dias - Lawyer and President of ILANUD/Brasil
- Margarida Bulhoes Pedreira Genevois - Coordinator, Brazilian Network for Human Rights Educatio
- Rosiska Darcy de Oliveira - President, Center for Women's Leadership
- Sandra Carvalho - Director, Global Justice
- Theodomiro Dias - Professor, Getulio Vargas Foundation
- Ana Lucia de Mattos Barretto Villela - Director, Alana Institute
- Fabio Caruso Cury - Lawyer, Cury Advogados Associados
- Flavia Regina de Souza - Lawyer, Mattos Filho Veiga Filho Marrey Jr. e Quiroga Advogados
Resources and articles
- Mission, Conectas Human Rights, accessed September 13, 2007.
- International Human Rights Colloquium Seeks Applications, World Movement for Democracy, accessed September 13, 2007.
- Funders, Conectas Human Rights, accessed September 13, 2007.
- Board, Conectas Human Rights, accessed September 13, 2007.