Cornelio Sommaruga (Switzerland) "is currently Chairman of the Board of the UICC International Cancer Foundation in Geneva as well as President of the Geneva International Centre for Humanitarian Demining. He is, in addition, a member of the Board of the Open Society Institute, Budapest and served as a member of the Panel on United Nations Peace Operations and of the International Commission on Intervention and State Sovereignty. Prior to that, he was President of the International Committee of the Red Cross (1987-99). From 1984 to 1986 he served as Switzerland's State Secretary for External Economic Affairs. From 1960, he had a long and distinguished career as a Swiss diplomat, including a period from 1973 as Deputy Secretary-General of the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) in Geneva and 1978-1983 Ambassador Delegate of the Swiss Government for Trade Agreements. In 1977-78 he served as President of the UN Economic Commission for Europe." 
- Co-founder, Business Humanitarian Forum
- President, Initiatives of Change
- Director, Foundation for the Future (DEMOCRACY)
- Former Commissioner, International Commission on Missing Persons 
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Former Commissioners, International Commission on Missing Persons, accessed February 22, 2008.