Lt. Col. Craig Minnick, a U.S. Army Reserve officer, "has served as the Command Judge Advocate (senior legal advisor) for the 220th Military Police Brigade since November 2002 and deployed in that position in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom from February 2003 to February 2004." 
According to his Young America's Foundation speaker biography, Minnick "was born in Johnstown, Pennsylvania and grew up in Ligonier, Pennsylvania. He received his law degree from The George Washington University in 1991 and was commissioned that year in the U.S. Army Judge Advocate General's Corps" and "entered the U.S. Army Reserves in 1998 and served as the senior legal advisor for the 464th Chemical Brigade in Johnstown, Pennsylvania until his transfer to the 220th Military Police Brigade. In his civilian capacity, Lt. Col. Minnick is an attorney for the U.S. Government in Johnstown, Pennsylvania. He regularly volunteers with several non-profit and charitable organizations including the American Red Cross and a veteran's organization." 
Related SourceWatch Resources
- Speaker Biography: Lt. Col. Craig Minnick, Young America's Foundation. "Speaker Fee $1,000-$3,000."
Articles & Commentary
- Jeff Swicord, "Pennsylvania City Divided Over Troop Withdrawal," Voice of America News, December 19, 2005: "Craig Minnick served for a year in Iraq as a military policeman. ... 'Well, obviously I respect Mr. Murtha's opinion on it. Unfortunately, I think he is dead wrong on it quite frankly.'"
- Jim O'Toole, "Rallies for and against Murtha held in Johnstown," Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, August 3, 2006.
- Robert Hanafin, "Swift Boat smear leader in PA is high paid Conservative campus speaker," Veterans for America, August 3, 2006: "Lt. Col. Craig Minnick IS A LAWYER, makes a profit of a thousand bucks each speaking engagement indoctrinating 'young Republicans' who preach a strong National Defense, yet are Chicken Hawks who have no intention of joining the Armed Forces."
- James O'Toole, "Groups rally for, against Murtha. Congressman's supporters defend his anti-war stance; critics question his patriotism," Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, August 4, 2006.
- Randy Hall, "Murtha Critics Dispute Claim They Are 'Swift Boat Buddies'," Cybercast News Service, August 4, 2006.
- Bryan Bender, "Republican activists take aim at Murtha reelection bid. Echo tactics used against Kerry in '04," Boston Globe, August 5, 2006.