"Daniel Goleman consults internationally and lectures frequently. He is founder of Emotional Intelligence Services, an affiliate of the Hay Group in Boston. A psychologist who for many years reported on the brain and behavioral sciences for The New York Times, Dr. Goleman's 1995 book, Emotional Intelligence (Bantam Books), argues that human competencies like self-awareness, self-discipline, persistence and empathy are of greater consequence than IQ in much of life, that we ignore the decline in these competencies at our peril, and that children can -- and should -- be taught these abilities. Emotional Intelligence was on The New York Times bestseller list for a year-and-a-half, with more than 5,000,000 copies in print and was translated into nearly 30 languages. Dr. Goleman is a co-founder of the Collaborative for Social and Emotional Learning at the Yale University Child Studies Center (now at the University of Illinois at Chicago), with the mission to help schools introduce emotional literacy courses. Dr. Goleman is co-chairman of The Consortium for Research on Emotional Intelligence in Organizations at Rutgers University. Dr. Goleman has received two nominations for the Pulitzer Prize for his articles in the Times, and a Career Achievement award for journalism from the American Psychological Association. He was elected a Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science. Dr. Goleman received his M.A. and Ph.D. from Harvard in clinical psychology and personality development." 
- Director, Mind and Life Institute 
- Advisory Council, Center for Contemplative Mind in Society
- National Advisory Board, Educators for Social Responsibility
- Advisory Board, Continuum Center for Health and Healing 
- Advisory Council, Garrison Institute
- Advisory Council, Mind Body Awareness Project 
- Former president, Association for Transpersonal Psychology 
Resources and articles
- Advisory Council, Center for Contemplative Mind in Society, accessed November 13, 2011.
- Mind and Life Institute Board, organizational web page, accessed January 23, 2012.
- Continuum Center for Health and Healing Advisory Board, organizational web page, accessed July 19, 2013.
- Mind Body Awareness Project Team, organizational web page, accessed June 19, 2013.
- Association for Transpersonal Psychology Directors, organizational web page, accessed April 14, 2018.