Dan J. Dudek
"Dr. Dan Dudek is one of the world's leading experts in developing cap-and-trade programs to reduce pollution at the lowest possible cost. He is widely credited with developing the cap-and-trade model that led to dramatic reductions in sulfur dioxide, the leading cause of acid rain, in the United States.
"Dan now leads EDF’s China office, where he designs carbon demonstration projects and develops market mechanisms to address large-scale environmental problems." 
- Member, China Council for International Cooperation on Environment and Development, June 2007- present.
- Market Advisory Committee, California Environmental Protection Agency, January - June 2007.
- Senior Adviser, Policy Research Center, Ministry of Environment, People's Republic of China, 2005 – present.
- Co-Director, Reform of Penalties for Non-Compliance, Bureau of Enforcement and Supervision, Ministry of Environment, People's Republic of China, April 2004 – present.
- Co-Chair, Environmental Governance Task Force, China Council for International Cooperation on Environment and Development, March 2004 - November 2006.
- Co-Director, "4+3+1", Developing SO2 Emissions Trading in China, 2002-2004. State Environmental Protection Administration, May 2002 - June 2004.
- Member, Secretary of Energy Advisory Board, Department of Energy, 1995-2000.
- Member, Acid Rain Advisory Committee, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, 1990-1992.
- Adviser, Organization for Economic Development, Ministry of Environment, Poland; United Nations Conference on Trade and Development; Regional Environment Center, Budapest; Massachusetts Institute of Technology; various public and private institutions.
Resources and articles
- Dan J. Dudek, Environmental Defense Fund, accessed September 23, 2011.