Dave Hatherton, NextEnergy CEO
"Company founder Dave Hatherton has been involved in the development of geothermal energy for over 25 years.
"Mr. Hatherton is currently CEO of NextEnergy Inc. He was recently awarded the 2007 Lifetime Leadership Award by the Canadian GeoExchange Coalition.
"In addition, Mr. Hatherton brings the following credentials to NextEnergy:
- Founding Member - International Ground Source Heat Pump Association
- Founding President - Canadian Earth Energy Association - Ottawa
- Founding Member - Earth Energy Association - Washington
- Founding Member - Geothermal Heat Pump Consortium – Washington
"David Hatherton has been a leader in the domestic & international geothermal, renewable and energy efficiency industry for over 25 years. In 1980 he founded Earth Systems Inc., which trademarked the WaterFurnace in Canada and the USA, becoming the world's largest distributor of geothermal systems.
"In 1983 Mr. Hatherton, with Dan Ellis (now President of ClimateMaster) expanded WaterFurnace into the U.S., co-founding WaterFurnace International (WFI). As the leader of many ventures, in all facets of geothermal technology, Mr. Hatherton was to shape and increase awareness and acceptance of Geothermal energy technology while WFI became the world's largest researcher, marketer and manufacturer of geothermal heating, cooling and domestic hot water delivery systems." 
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- About, NextEnergy, accessed October 20, 2009.