David F. Girard-diCarlo
David F. Girard-diCarlo is Chairman of Blank Rome LLP, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He has been with the Firm since 1982 and serves as Chairman from January 2003 to December 2005. He was Co-Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and Managing Partner (January 2000 to December 30, 2002); Managing Partner and CEO (January 1987 to December 1999); and Chairman, Labor and Employment Law Department (November 1982 to December 1986).
He received his education at Villanova University School of Law in Villanova, Pennsylvania (J.D., 1973). He was Editor-in-Chief, Vol. XVIII, Villanova Law Review; Secretary and Member, Honor Board (Student Court); on the Student-Faculty Committee (Policy Committee of Law School); and St. Joseph's University Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (B.S., 1970).
- Vice Chairman of the Finance Committee for the Republican Governor's Association (RGA)
- Member Leadership Committee of Pennsylvania Republican State Committee, 1992-Present
- General Chairman and Counsel to Attorney General Mike Fisher's Pennsylvania 2002 Gubernatorial Campaign, August 2001-Present
- Pennsylvania State Finance Chairman for the George Walker Bush/Richard Cheney 2000 Campaign
- Co-Chairman of the Philadelphia 2000
- The Host Committee for the Republican National Convention held in Philadelphia, August 2000
- Chairman of the Transition Team for Pennsylvania Governor-Elect Tom Ridge (November 1994-January 1995)
- Chairman of the Board, Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA) (1979-1982)
- Chairman of the Board of Directors and Member of the Executive Committee of the American Public Transit Association (APTA), 1982.
- Vice President of the Government Affairs Committee (1981-1982)
- Chairman of the Legislative Committee (1980-1981)
- AMTRAK (National Railroad Passenger Corporation) (1990-1993); Appointed by (George Herbert Walker Bush))
- Council on National Policy (2001-Present)
- American Law Institute (1981-Present)
- NAACP Legal Defense and Education Fund, Inc. (1980-Present)
- American Arbitration Association (1977-Present)
- Industrial Relations Research Association (1978-Present)
- Wilson Council of the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars (1999-Present)
- Trustee, The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts (2002-Present)
- Member, Executive Committee (2002-Present); Appointed by George Walker Bush
- Trustee, Philadelphia Belt Line Railroad Company (1992-Present)
- Director, Advanced Voting Solutions, Inc. (2001-Present)
"Current scope of practice includes virtually all phases of general business law, commercial law and complex litigation. Industry focus is primarily in Banking, Health Care, Higher Education, Transportation, Service Business and Governmental Units.
"Representative clients: ARAMARK Corporation; The Philadelphia Eagles; Nationwide Financial Services, Inc.; PNC Financial Services Group, Inc.; University of Pennsylvania; Medical Center of the University of Pennsylvania; Temple University Hospital; Temple University Health System; Drexel University; Independence Blue Cross and related companies; Tierney Communications; Steinbeis Packaging Group; WPVI-TV; The Insurance Commissioner of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in her capacity as Liquidator of Reliance Insurance Companies and other various governmental entities."