In September 2007 a group of British MPs visiting the Pentagon to "discuss America's stance on Iran and Iraq were shocked to be told by [Cagan] one of President Bush's senior women officials: 'I hate all Iranians'." Cagan reportedly "also accused Britain of 'dismantling' the Anglo-US-led coalition in Iraq by pulling troops out of Basra too soon." One MP reported that Cagan said "if we leave the south of Iraq, the Iranians will take it over."
- 2005: Political advisor for both NATO Supreme Allied Commander Transformation (SACT) and U.S. Joint Forces Command (USJFCOM).
- 2001: "Cagan, an office director in the State Department’s Bureau of European and Eurasian Affairs known to 'play above her pay grade.'"
- 1998: Director of Policy and Regional Affairs for Russia and the New Independent States, U.S. Department of State.
- 1996: Senior Coordinator for Nuclear and Nonproliferation Policy, Bureau of European and Canadian Affairs, U.S. Department of State.
Related SourceWatch articles
- Nina Bakradze,"US Deputy Assistant Defence Secretary Visits Georgia. 'Georgian Peacekeepers are distinguished by their Professionalism'," Georgia Today, August 31, 2007.
- Leadership Profiles: Debra Cagan, Leadership Directories.
- "Business As Usual," Armchair Generalist, January 10, 2007. See regarding redesignation of positions within OSD.
- Simon Walters, "I hate all Iranians, US aide tells MPs," Daily Mail (UK), September 29, 2007.
- Jennifer Colaizzi, "Rice visits USJFCOM," USJFCOM Public Affairs, October 7, 2005.
- Philipp C. Bleek, "Global Cleanout. An emerging approach to the civil nuclear material threat," Belfer Center, September 2004. Scroll down to page 14 (or pdf 18). Source: footnote 189.
- Transcript: NSC, DOD, State Briefing, Tuesday, September 1, 1998, Office of the White House Press Secretary (Moscow, Russia), September 1, 1998.
- "Dismanatlement and Destruction of Nuclear, Chemical and Conventional Weapons, 19-21 May 1996, Gästehaus Petersberg, Bonn, Bonn International Center for Conversion.