Denis Hayes is President and CEO of the Bullitt Foundation and in 1970 was the National Coordinator of the first Earth Day. He is also on the Board of Directors of the League of Conservation Voters and is on the Advisory Committee for the New Uses Council.
- "During the Carter Administration, Denis directed the federal National Renewable Energy Laboratory. He has been a visiting scholar at the Woodrow Wilson Center, a senior fellow at the Worldwatch Institute, an adjunct professor of engineering at Stanford University, and a Silicon Valley lawyer.
- "Internationally, he is recognized for expanding the Earth Day Network to more than 180 nations. It is now the world’s most widely observed secular holiday. Denis has received the national Jefferson Medal for Outstanding Public Service as well as the highest awards bestowed by the Sierra Club, The Humane Society of the United States, the National Wildlife Federation, the Natural Resources Council of America, the Global Environmental Facility of the World Bank, the Interfaith Center for Corporate Responsibility, and the American Solar Energy Society.
- "He has served on dozens of governing boards, including those of Stanford University, the World Resources Institute, the Federation of American Scientists, The Energy Foundation, Children Now, the National Programming Council for Public Television, the American Solar Energy Society, Greenpeace, CERES, and the Environmental Grantmakers Association. He continues to chair the board of the international Earth Day Network." 
- Founder or Advisor, Campaign for America's Future 
- Advisory Board, William D. Ruckelshaus Center 
- Advisory Board, American Council on Renewable Energy 
- Advisory Board, Environmental Media Association 
Resources and articles
- Founders and Advisors, Campaign for America's Future, accessed August 4, 2007.
- Advisory Board, William D. Ruckelshaus Center, accessed December 11, 2007.
- Advisory Board, American Council on Renewable Energy, accessed April 19, 2009.
- Advisory Board, Environmental Media Association, accessed January 16, 2011.
- Staff - Denis Hayes, President and CEO, Bullitt Foundation, Accessed July 2006.