Dorothy W. Nelson
Dorothy W. Nelson "sits on the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
"Senior Judge, U.S. Court of Appeals (9th Circuit); former Dean and Professor of Law, University of Southern California Law Center. Chair, Ninth Circuit Standing Committee on ADR; Chair, Board of Directors of Western Justice Center; Delegate, United Nations Women's Conference in Mexico City 1975 and Beijing 1995; Member, Board Advisors, Institute for the Study of Women and Men; Member, Advisory Committee, National Judicial Education Program to Promote Equality of Women and Men; Member, Advisory Committee Tahirih Justice Institute dedicated to assisting women refugees; Co-Chair, Sino-American Conference on Mediation and Arbitration, Beijing, China, 1992; Winner ABA Dispute Resolution Section D’Alemberte/Raven Award, April 2000; Bernard E. Witkin Award from State Bar of California, Sept. 2000; Pasadena Bar Association Judge of the Year Award, Oct. 2002. 2005 Thurgood Marshall Career Achievement Award - Chicago. 2006 Harry Sheldon Award, Pasadena Human Relations Commission."  also see
- Advisory Board, Baha'í Chair for World Peace 
- National Spiritual Assembly (2007), Baha'i of the United States 
Resources and articles
- First Women: Dorothy W. Nelson, Ms JD, accessed September 22, 2007.
- Chair Advisory Board and Staff, Baha'í Chair for World Peace, accessed September 22, 2007.
- In prayerful silence, Baha’is elect national spiritual governing body at 98th annual convention, Baha'i of the United States, accessed July 23, 2008.