Edward D. Mansfield
Edward D. Mansfield "is Hum Rosen Professor of Political Science at the University of Pennsylvania. His research focuses on international security and international political economy. He is the author of Power, Trade, and War (Princeton University Press, 1994) and the co-author (with Jack Snyder) of Democratization and War (MIT Press, forthcoming). The recipient of the 2000 Karl W. Deutsch Award in International Relations and Peace Research, he has been a National Fellow at the Hoover Institution and his research has been supported by grants from the Harry Frank Guggenheim Foundation, the Mershon Center, and the United States Institute for Peace. He edits the University of Michigan Press Series on International Political Economy; serves on the editorial boards of the American Political Science Review, International Organization, and World Politics; and was Program Co-Chair for the 2001 annual meeting of the American Political Science Association."  CV
- Staff, Christopher H. Browne Center for International Politics
- Recipient of the 2000 Karl W. Deutsch Award in International Relations and Peace Research, given by the International Studies Association.
- Susan Louise Dyer Peace Fellow, Hoover Institution, Stanford University, 1998-1999.
- Principal Investigator, “Democratization, Nationalism, and War.” Grant awarded by the United States Institute of Peace, 1996-1998.
- International Organization and Global Governance: A Reader (co-editor with Friedrich Kratochwil) (New York: Pearson Longman, 2006)
- The Evolution of Political Knowledge: Democracy, Autonomy, and Conflict in Comparative and International Politics (co-editor with Richard Sisson) (Columbus, OH: Ohio State University Press, 2004).
- The Evolution of Political Knowledge: Theory and Inquiry in American Politics (co-editor with Richard Sisson) (Columbus, OH: Ohio State University Press, 2004).
- Economic Interdependence and International Conflict: New Perspectives on an Enduring Debate (co-editor with Brian M. Pollins) (Ann Arbor, MI: University of Michigan Press, 2003).
- Power and the Purse: Economic Statecraft, Interdependence, and National Security (co-editor with Jean-Marc F. Blanchard and Norrin M. Ripsman) (London: Frank Cass, 2000). (Originally published as a special issue of Security Studies, Vol. 9, No. 1-2 [Autumn 1999-Winter 2000].)
- Intellectual Property Protection and Economic Development (co-editor with Edwin Mansfield). Special issue of International Journal of Technology Management, Vol. 19, No. 1-2 (Winter 2000).
- The Political Economy of Regionalism (co-editor with Helen V. Milner) (New York: Columbia University Press, 1997).
- International Organization: A Reader (co-editor with Friedrich Kratochwil) (New York: Harper Collins Publishers, 1994).
Resources and articles
- Edward D. Mansfield, Christopher H. Browne Center for International Politics, accessed May 2, 2010.