Edward Klein is a journalist, editor and author, best known for his book The Truth About Hillary: What She Knew, When She Knew It, and How Far She'll Go to Become President (2005 book).
Klein "began his career in journalism as a copy boy for the New York Daily News while attending Columbia University, where he graduated with a bachelor's degree. He earned a master's degree from the Columbia Graduate School of Journalism and was awarded a traveling fellowship to Japan. He learned to speak Japanese with some fluency as a foreign correspondent in Asia for United Press International. Upon his return to New York, Klein joined Newsweek, where he became Foreign Editor and then Assistant Managing Editor with Jurisdiction over foreign and military affairs." 
- Editor-in-chief, The New York Times Magazine, 1977 to 1988.
- Contributing Editor, Vanity Fair, 1989.
- Contributor, Parade.
- Katie: The Real Story, (critical biography of Katie Couric), Crown Publishers, 2007, ISBN 0307353508.
- The Truth About Hillary: What She Knew, When She Knew It, and How Far She'll Go to Become President, Sentinel, June 2005, ISBN 1595230068.
- The Kennedy Curse: Why Tragedy Has Haunted America's First Family for 150 Years, St. Martin's Press, 2003 Hardcover ISBN 031231292X; 2004 Softcover ISBN 0312312938.
- Farewell, Jackie: A Portrait of Her Final Days, Viking Books, 2004 ISBN 0670033316 / Penguin Books, 2004 Mass market ISBN 0143034995.
- Just Jackie: Her Private Years, Ballantine Books, 1998 Hardcover ISBN 0345421027 / 1999 Mass market ISBN 0345429141.
- All Too Human: The Love Story of Jack and Jackie Kennedy with Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, Pocket Books, 1996 Hardcover ISBN 0671501879 / Softcover ISBN 0671501879; Thorndike Press 1997 Hardcover ISBN 0786208902.
- Ann Devlin, Biography: Edward Klein, annonline.com, 1998.
- "'Kennedy Curse' author on JFK Jr.," CNN, July 9, 2003.
- Amy Reiter, "Our Kennedy Curse," Salon, July 11, 2003: "Why do we care about these people so much? Our reporter braved Kennedy chronicler Edward Klein's Manhattan reading to find out."
- Matt Lauer, Interview with Edward Klein, NBC News, July 15, 2003: Re "the Kennedy curse."
- Review: "The Kennedy Curse," Book Reporter, November 2003: "Perhaps taking his cue from Shakespeare, author Edward Klein seems to have come to bury the Kennedys, not to praise them."
- Matt Lauer, Interview with Edward Klein: "Book tars Kennedy-Bessette union. Author writes of drugs, abuse and danger in famous marriage," NBC News, December 8, 2003. Re the "the Kennedy curse": Klein "argues that the disastrous end to John F. Kennedy, Jr., and Carolyn Bessette’s lives in July of 1999 is part of persistent pattern — a curse made inevitable by the Kennedy’s history, psychology, and genetics. It may not be scientific but since it involves the Kennedys, Klein’s theory is no curse to magazine sales. Vanity Fair ran it as this month’s cover."
- John Smyntek, Review: "Klein work provides a suitable farewell," Detroit Free Press, April 11, 2004.
- Sean Gleeson, Interview with Edward Klein, gleeson blog, April 11, 2005.
- "The truth about The Truth About Hillary: Edward Klein's attack book is poorly researched, poorly written, poorly sourced", Media Matters for America, June 23, 2005.