Jump to navigation Jump to search
Elinor Ostrom, Distinguished Professor, Indiana University, Bloomington. Cv
- American Political Science Association: Past Presidents
- Winner of the 1999 Johan Skytte Prize in Political Science
- Lifetime Achievement Award, Atlas Economic Research Foundation, 2003
- Resilience Alliance, Board of Science, 2000-.
- Stockholm Resilience Centre, Board of Directors, May 15, 2007-June 30, 2010
- MacArthur Foundation, Senior Advisory Group on “Advancing Conservation in a Social Context,” 2006
- Beijer International Institute of Ecological Economics, The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences Board of Directors, 1997-2001
- Editorial Board (in Memoriam), Solutions Journal 
- Working Together: Collective Action, the Commons, and Multiple Methods in Practice, with Amy R. Poteete and Marco A. Janssen (Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press, 2010).
- Understanding Knowledge as a Commons: From Theory to Practice, edited with Charlotte Hess (Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 2007).
- Linking the Formal and Informal Economy: Concepts and Policies, edited with Basudeb Guha-Khasnobis and Ravi Kanbur (Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press, 2006; paperback published in 2007).
- Understanding Institutional Diversity (Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press, 2005).
- The Samaritan's Dilemma: The Political Economy of Development Aid, with Clark Gibson, Krister Andersson, and Sujai Shivakumar (Oxford University Press, 2005).
- Seeing the Forest and the Trees: Human-Environment Interactions in Forest Ecosystems, edited with Emilio Moran (Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 2005).
- Asian Irrigation in Transition: Responding to Challenges, edited with Ganesh Shivakoti, Douglas Vermillion, Wai Fung Lam, Ujjwal Pradhan, and Robert Yoder (New Delhi, India: Sage, 2005).
- Foundations of Social Capital, edited with T. K. Ahn (Cheltenham, UK: Edward Elgar, 2003).
- The Commons in the New Millennium: Challenges and Adaptations, edited with Nives Dolšak (Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 2003).
- Trust and Reciprocity: Interdisciplinary Lessons from Experimental Research, edited with James Walker (New York: Russell Sage Foundation, 2003).
- The Drama of the Commons, edited with Thomas Dietz, Nives Dolšak, Paul C. Stern, Susan Stonich, and Elke Weber. Committee on the *Human Dimensions of Global Change (Washington, DC: National Research Council, National Academy Press, 2002).
- Improving Irrigation Governance and Management in Nepal, edited with Ganesh Shivakoti (Oakland, CA: ICS Press, 2002).
- Protecting the Commons: A Framework for Resource Management in the Americas, edited with Joanna Burger, Richard B. Norgaard, David Policansky, and Bernard D. Goldstein (Washington, DC: Island Press, 2001).
- Institutions, Ecosystems, and Sustainability, edited with Robert Costanza, Bobbi Low, and James Wilson (Boca Raton, FL: Lewis Publishers, 2001).
- People and Forests: Communities, Institutions, and Governance, edited with Clark Gibson and Margaret A. McKean (Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 2000).
- Competition & Cooperation: Conversations with Nobelists about Economics and Political Science, edited with James Alt and Margaret Levi. (New York: Russell Sage Foundation, 1999).
- Local Commons and Global Interdependence: Heterogeneity and Cooperation in Two Domains, edited with Robert Keohane (London: Sage, 1995).
- Rules, Games, and Common-Pool Resources, edited with Roy Gardner and James Walker (Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 1994).
- From Farmers’ Fields to Data Fields and Back: A Synthesis of Participatory Information Systems for Irrigation and Other Resources, edited with Sowerwine, Jennifer, Ganesh Shivakoti, Ujjwal Pradhan, and Ashutosh Shukla. Proceedings of an International Workshop held at the Institute of Agriculture and Animal Science (IAAS), Rampur, Nepal, March 21-26, 1993. Colombo, Sri Lanka: International Irrigation Management Institute (IIMI), and Rampur, Nepal: IAAS, 1994.
- Institutional Incentives and Sustainable Development: Infrastructure Policies in Perspective, with Larry Schroeder and Susan Wynne (Boulder, CO: Westview Press, 1993).
- Crafting Institutions for Self-Governing Irrigation Systems (San Francisco: ICS Press, 1992).
- Governing the Commons: The Evolution of Institutions for Collective Action (New York: Cambridge University Press, 1990).
- Local Government in the United States, with Vincent Ostrom and Robert Bish (San Francisco: ICS Press, 1988).
- Il governo locale negli Stati Uniti, with Vincent Ostrom and Robert L. Bish (Milano, Italy: Fondazione Adriano Olivetti, 1984).
- Strategies of Political Inquiry, edited (Beverly Hills, CA: Sage Publications, 1982).
- Basic Issues in Police Performance, with Gordon P. Whitaker, Stephen Mastrofski, Roger B. Parks, and Stephen L. Percy (Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Justice, 1982).
- Patterns of Metropolitan Policing, with Roger B. Parks and Gordon P. Whitaker (Cambridge, MA: Ballinger Books, 1978).
- Policing Metropolitan America, with Roger B. Parks and Gordon P. Whitaker (Washington, DC: U.S. Government Printing Office, 1977).
- The Delivery of Urban Services: Outcomes of Change, ed. Urban Affairs Annual Reviews, vol. 10 (Beverly Hills, CA: Sage Publications, 1976).
- Community Organization and the Provision of Police Services, with William Baugh, Richard Guarasci, Roger B. Parks, and Gordon P. Whitaker. Sage Professional Papers in Administrative and Policy Studies, 03-001 (Beverly Hills, CA: Sage Publications, 1973).
Resources and articles
- Solutions Journal Editorial Board, organizational web page, accessed June 18, 2013.