Jump to navigation Jump to search
- "Eric Kueneman has been Deputy Director of the Crop Production and Protection Division of FAO until 2010, and as been engaged in crop improvement and management systems at FAO for the last 20 years. Eric has a PhD in plant breeding from Cornell University and before joining FAO he bred Tropical Soybeans and Cowpeas for IITA both in Africa and in Brazil, linked to Embrapa. He also bred dry beans and peas for Rogers Brothers Seed Company in the USA. At FAO Eric saw the need to raise awareness on capacity building in plant breeding in developing countries and consequently conceptualized and supported the development of the first electronic newsletter on plant breeding (PBN) and [the Global Partnership Initiative for Plant Breeding Capacity Building (GIPB)] platform."
Articles and Resources
Related SourceWatch Articles
- Global Partnership Initiative for Plant Breeding Capacity Building
- U.N. Food and Agriculture Organization
- FAO Plant Production and Protection Division
- Team and Contributors, Accessed October 28, 2011.