FAO Plant Production and Protection Division
(Redirected from FAO's Plant Production and Protection Division)Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Plant Production and Protection Division of the U.N. Food and Agriculture Organization promotes "Sustainable Intensification of Crop Production."
- "This approach requires the integration and harmonization of all appropriate crop production policies and practices aimed at increasing crop productivity in a sustainable manner, thereby meeting key millennium development goals aimed at reducing hunger and preserving the natural resources and environment for future use. The focus of our activities are to develop and strengthen
- effective and strategic decisions that increase crop production using an ecosystem approach
- national capacities to monitor and to respond effectively to transboundary and other important outbreak pests
- policies and technologies appropriate to needs of a country and/or region to reduce negative impact of pesticides
- conservation and sustainable use of plant genetic resources with strong linkages between conservation, plant breeding and seed sector development."
- 1 Sustainable Crop Production Intensification
- 2 Pest and Pesticide Management
- 3 Seeds and Plant Genetic Resources
- 4 Contact Information
- 5 Articles and Resources
Sustainable Crop Production Intensification
Plant Production and Protection Division's focus on "Sustainable Crop Production Intensification" includes work on:
- Conservation Agriculture
- IPM and Farmer Field Schools
- Pollination Services
- Grasslands, Rangelands and Forage Crops
- Fertilizer and Plant Nutrition
- Crop-Livestock Systems
Pest and Pesticide Management
Another core theme of the FAO's Plant Production and Protection Division is Pest and Pesticide Management.
Seeds and Plant Genetic Resources
Global Partnership Initiative for Plant Breeding Capacity Building
For more information, see the article on Global Partnership Initiative for Plant Breeding Capacity Building.
Articles and Resources
Related SourceWatch Articles
- U.N. Food and Agriculture Organization
- FAO Rural Infrastructure and Agro-Industries Division
- FAO High Level Panel of Experts
- FAO Inter-Departmental Working Group on Biotechnology
- High-Level Expert Forum on How to Feed the World in 2050
- World Food Programme
- African Agribusiness and Agro-Industries Development Initiative
- ↑ Plant Production and Protection, Accessed October 27, 2011.