Fastjet was founded by the same people who run easyJet. Lonrho Plc owns 54.79% of their shares and easyGroup Holdings Limited owns 4.41%.  It was established in part by Stelios Haji-Ioannou, known for founding the low-cost short haul airline easyJet, Fastjet aims to deliver the same service as its European counterpart to the African continent. The airline was initially created with the acquisition of Fly540, an airline operating in East Africa, and flights in Fastjet's own name commenced in November 2012.
Accessed April 2013: 
- David Lenigas (aged 51), Executive Chairman
- Ed Winter (aged 65), Chief Executive Officer
- Angus Saunders (aged 51), Chief Financial Officer
- Geoffrey White (aged 51), Executive Director
- Robert Burnham (aged 63), Non-Executive Director
Resources and articles
- Fastjet Board, organizational web page, accessed April 18, 2013.