Fidel Ramos, former president of the Philippines (1992 to 1998), was the first person to deliver the Australian Centre for Democratic Institutions CDI annual address at the launch of the Centre in November 1998.  He was also the Carlyle Group Asia Advisor Board Member until the board was disbanded in February 2004.
- Director, International Crisis Group
- Patron, Asia-Pacific Centre for the Responsibility to Protect
- Patron, Global Centre for the Responsibility to Protect 
- Member, Global Leadership Foundation 
- International Advisory Council, Asia House 
- Advisory Board, Opportunity International 
- Reihana Mohideen, "New Philippines president backs `free market'", Green Left Weekly (Australia), 1998.
- Fidel Ramos, "Democracy and the East Asian Crisis", Centre for Democratic Institutions Annual Address November 26,1998.