Financial Dynamics (FD) is a financial PR firm. It was formerly part of the Cordiant Group which was taken over by WPP in 2003, leading to a Financial Dyamnics Management Buy Out in the same year. In 2005 it acquired LLM Communications and in December 2005 Dittus Communications.
- Julian Hanson-Smith - cofounder
FD was founded in 1982 and describes itself as having "specialist expertise in financial services, retail/consumer, technology, property, life sciences and basic industry and offers a broad range of services including corporate communications, investor relations, public affairs and special assignments (M&A, crisis management, IPO and litigation support)." 
FD has over 300 staff with just under one-third in the U.S.and the remainder at a network of offices including Frankfurt, Paris, Dublin, Athens, Stockholm and Bahrain. Declan Kelly is the firm's president & CEO. 
In January 2007, former congressman and presidential candidate Dick Gephardt announced that he will "serve on the advisory board of Financial Dynamics." A spokesperson said that "having Mr. Gephardt on board will help the company and subsidiary with their ability to serve clients in the areas of government, public policy, international affairs and employee and labor relations." 
According to O'Dwyers Directory of PR Firms FD "advises over 400 clients worldwide".  However, it only discloses its relationship with a limited number.
O'Dwyers lists, as at January 2006, some of its clients as including:
- Coca-Cola HSBC
- Duane Reade
- Guitar Center Inc.
- Management Recruiters International
- Micro Focus
- Steve Madden
- Third Avenue Management
88 Pine Street, 32nd Floor
New York, NY 10005
Phone: (212) 850-5600
- The Daily Telegraph, August 20, 2004.
- See for example "British Energy plc - Announcement of restructuring proposals and extension of HMG loan facility", Media Release, November 28, 2002.
Other Source Watch resources
- Dittus Communications, "Financial Dynamics Acquires Dittus Communications, Expands Global Public Affairs Practice", Media Release, December 5, 2005.
- Julia Hood, "Financial Dynamics acquires Dittus Communications", PR Week, December 5, 2005. (sub req'd)
- Donna Kardos, "Dick Gephardt to Join FTI Consulting as an Advisor," Wall Street Journal (sub req'd), January 18, 2007.