(Redirected from Fluor)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Fluor Corporation is "one of the world's largest, publicly owned engineering, procurement, construction, and maintenance services organizations.... Fluor serves customers in a wide variety of traditional and evolving industries worldwide, including chemicals and petrochemicals; commercial and institutional; government projects; life sciences; manufacturing; microelectronics; mining; oil and gas; power; telecommunications; and transportation infrastructure."
- "Fluor ranks on Fortune magazine's 2003 Global Fortune 500 list of companies and No. 1 in the 'Engineering,Construction' category of the 2003 America's Fortune 500 list. Engineering News-Record (ENR) magazine ranks Fluor Corporation among the top three on their 2003 'The Top 500 Design Firms' list and 'The Top 400 Contractors' list."
- In January 2004, Suzanne Woolsey, wife of former CIA director, James Woolsey, became a director of the company.
- Fluor has a $1.6 billion contract in Iraq.
- Fluor is facing a multi-billion dollar lawsuit from past workers in South Africa that claim the huge engineering company exploited, intimidated and brutalized employees under the apartheid regime. 
Discover Which Corporations are the Biggest Violators of Environmental, Health and Safety Laws in the United States
Violation Tracker is the first national search engine on corporate misconduct covering environmental, health, and safety cases initiated by 13 federal regulatory agencies. Violation Tracker is produced by the Corporate Research Project of Good Jobs First. Click here to access Violation Tracker.
- ICA Fluor Daniel: 50/50 joint venture to pursue industrial engineering, procurement and construction opportunities in Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean.
- DEL-JEN, INC.: "operations and maintenance services to U.S. military bases; engineering and construction management services for the Department of Defense; and education and training services for the Job Corp Division of the Department of Labor. DEL-JEN is a wholly owned company of Fluor Corporation."
- Plant Performance Services LLC (P2SSM): "Fluor Corporation has acquired five specialty operations and maintenance (O&M) business groups from Philip Services Corporation (PSC), a leading provider of O&M services to industrial businesses across the United States. These business groups include Mechanical & Turnaround Services, Electrical & Instrumentation Contracting Services, Power Services, Specialty Welding Services, and Fabrication Services. The former business groups of PSC have been renamed Plant Performance Services LLC or P2SSM. P2S will operate as an independent company to retain its unique competitive position and superior reputation for craftsmanship and performance."
- Fluor and Aspentech Integrated Process Solutions: "have an engineering and software implementation services agreement aimed at delivering comprehensive enterprise solutions for manufacturers in the chemical and petrochemical industries."
- ICI & ETB / Fluor Daniel Chlor-Alkali Technology: "Fluor has an agreement with ICI Chlor Chemicals, United Kingdom, to be the approved contractor for chlor-alkali technologies wherever ICI Chemicals is licensed to build large-scale chlor-alkali plants. These plants produce caustic soda and chlorine using ICI's new bipolar technology, known as 'BiChlor'." 
- Alan L. Boeckmann: Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
- D. Michael Steuert: Senior Vice President & Chief Financial Officer
- Kenneth H. Lockwood: Vice President, Corporate Finance
- Lila J. Churney: Vice President, Investor Relations
- Lawrence N. Fisher: Chief Legal Officer and Secretary
- H. Steven Gilbert: Senior Vice President, Human Resources & Administration
- Lee Tashjian: Vice President, Corporate Communications
- J. Robert Fluor II: Vice President, Corporate & Public Affairs
- Jeff L. Faulk: Group President, Oil, Gas & Power
- Jorge Borja: General Director, ICA Fluor Daniel
- John L. Hopkins: Group President, Government
- John E. Delane: President, DEL-JEN, Inc.
- Robert A. McNamara: Group President, Industrial
- Stephen B. Dobbs: Group President, Infrastructure
- Kirk D. Grimes: Group President, Global Services
- Gary Bernardez: President, AMECO
- Mark A. Stevens: Commercial Officer
Accessed January 2009: 
- Ilesanmi Adesida
- Peter K. Barker
- Alan L. Boeckmann
- Peter J. Fluor
- James T. Hackett
- Kent Kresa
- Vilma S. Martinez
- Dean R. O'Hare
- Joseph Wilson Prueher
- Peter S. Watson
- Suzanne H. Woolsey
One Enterprise Drive
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656-2606
- Web: http://www.fluor.com
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Air Force Augmentation Program
- Defense contractors
- Federal contractors
- Military-industrial complex
- Post-war Iraq
- Post-war Iraq contractors
- Robin W. Renwick (2008) 
- Deborah Doyle McWhinney
- David Marventano