Global Voices Online "is a non-profit global citizens’ media project founded at Harvard Law School’s Berkman Center for Internet and Society, a research think-tank focused on the Internet’s impact on society." 
- "Global Voices has won a Best of the Blogs award from Deutsche Welle. We’re thrilled to be honored as the jury’s choice for the Best Journalistic Blog in English. Other Global Voices friends were honored by DW as well, including our friends Manal and Alaa, whose blog from Cairo, “Manal and Alaa’s Bit Bucket”, which won the special Reporters Without Borders award.
- "Lisa Stone of Surfette was on the jury that chose our blog for the DW honor. Her blog post about judging the contest is incredibly flattering regarding our work. Evidently she advocated for Global Voices to win the Best Weblog prize - which Argentine blog “Más respeto, que soy tu madre” won - but because two judges (Hossein Derakshan and Julien Pain) were Global Voices contributors, there was a perception of conflict of interest." 
- "Global Voices is a project of the Berkman Center for Internet and Society at Harvard Law School. Their institutional and financial support made Global Voices possible.
- "We are grateful to the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation for their cornerstone funding which allowed us to bring aboard Global Voices’ initial Regional Editors.
- "Reuters is our flagship editorial supporter, funding our managing, regional, and language editors, as well as administrative and technical costs.
- "The Dutch NGO Hivos has been instrumental in supporting Global Voices’ advocacy for free speech and against censorship.
- "Special thanks to the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation and J-Lab for funding and administering Global Voices’ $10,000 Knight-Batten Innovations Award in September, 2006." 
Global Voices Team
- Ethan Zuckerman: anything AT globalvoicesonline DOT org
- Rebecca MacKinnon: rebecca AT globalvoicesonline DOT org
- Georgia Popplewell: editor AT globalvoicesonline DOT org
Technology & Design Team:
- Caribbean: Janine Mendes-Franco: caribbean2 AT globalvoicesonline DOT org
- Caucasus & Central Asia: Nathan Hamm: nathan AT registan DOT net
- Eastern & Central Europe: Veronica Khokhlova: cee AT globalvoicesonline DOT org
- Latin America: Eduardo Ávila: latam AT globalvoicesonline DOT org
- Middle East/North Africa: Amira Al Hussaini: mideast AT globalvoicesonline DOT org
- North East Asia: Oi wan Lam: northeastasia AT globalvoicesonline DOT org
- South East Asia: Preetam Rai: southeastasia AT globalvoicesonline DOT org
- South Asia: Neha Viswanathan: southasia AT globalvoicesonline DOT org
- Sub-Saharan Africa: Ndesanjo Macha: africa AT globalvoicesonline DOT org
- Akwe Amosu
- Ricardo Carreon
- Dan Gillmor
- Joi Ito
- Daoud Kuttab
- Isaac Mao
- Dina Mehta
- John Palfrey
- David Weinberger
Resources and articles
- Ethan Zuckerman, Global Voices, accessed August 24, 2007.