Government Media Office (Tasmania)
The Tasmanian Government Media Office (GMO) (formerly known as the Government Media Unit) is a unit within the Office of the Premier with overall responsibility for government-wide media and PR strategy.
The "issues management" policy developed by the office states that "issues management is intended to forecast developments that can have an impact on the Government and to develop responses and action plans. It enables the Government and its agencies to prepare and advance positions on matters of public policy and influence the course of the debate." 
Companies on Register of Consultants
- Beyond PR (DHHS, DIER, DED, DPAC)
- Clemenger Tasmania (DPPS, DTF, DED, DPAC)
- Corporate Communications (DED, DTPHA)
- Great Wall Media (DPAC, DED)
- Harris Consulting (DHHS)
- Martin Buggy (DIER)
- Paula Leishman and Associates (DTPHA)
- Slick Promotions
Director Communications Policy
Tel: (03) 6233 7293
Fax: 6223 8609
- "Communications Policy", accessed July 2006.
- "Communications Strategy Template", accessed July 2006.
- Government Communications Office (GCO), "Whole of Government Media Protocols", accessed July 2006.
- "Register of Communications Consultants and Service Providers", accessd July 2006. (Pdf)
- Jason Lovell, "Flanagan: The truth about spin", Tasmanian Times, April 5, 2006.
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|