H. L. Hall and Sons
H. L. Hall and Sons
"Hugh Lanion Hall had a passion for life and agriculture. After obtaining a long-term lease from the Transvaal government in 1890 for a sizable piece of land near Nelspruit he set about to establish a productive mixed farming business. His sons soon joined him in producing vegetables, fruit, nursery products, maize and rearing livestock. In 1921 the business was formally incorporated as H. L. Hall and Sons Ltd.
"The company went from strength to strength mainly focusing on citrus and vegetables. During the 1950s Halls was recognised as the largest producer of citrus in the Commonwealth.
"The company invested heavily in land during the 1950s and by the early 1960s Halls owned more than 40,000 ha of land. The company diversified its investments which now spanned several industries including timber, tobacco, guavas, guava processing, honey, a feedlot, an abattoir, game farming, leisure (ox wagon) trails, irrigation engineering, property development, international marketing and retailing." 
Accessed June 2009: 
- Bryan Anderson - Managing Director: Halls Fresh Produce
- Celani Nyoni - Director:Value Added Business
- Craig Lewis - Financial Director: Halls Properties Pty Ltd.
- David Mabunda - Non-Executive Director: H L Hall and Sons Holdings Ltd
- David Welsh - Non-Executive Director: Halls Properties Pty Ltd
- Duncan Harrison - Non-Executive Director: H L Hall and Sons Holdings Ltd
- Hugh Mooney - Director and General Manager: Halls Farms
- James Aling - Managing Director: Halls Properties Pty Ltd
- Jonathan Swart - Non-Executive Director: H L Hall and Sons Holdings Ltd
- Mark Baker - Director & General Manager: Exports
- Marlaine Pretorius - Director: Halls Corporate Services
- Matthew Comins - Financial director: H L Hall and Sons Limited
- Nigel Wolstenholme - Non-Executive Director: Halls Farms
- Paul Devlin - Director: H L Hall (International) Ltd
- Peter Backwell - Executive Director: H L Hall and Sons Holdings Limited
- Peter Prentice - Non-Executive Chairman: H L Hall and Sons Holdings Ltd
- Rick Tudhope - Non-Executive Director: Halls Properties Pty Ltd
- Rob Snaddon - Executive Director: H L Hall and Sons Holdings Limited