Helen Lee Henderson

From SourceWatch
(Redirected from Helen L. Henderson)
Jump to: navigation, search
This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.

Helen Lee Henderson is a philanthropist who has given significant gifts to Penn State University for the George Herman Deike Sr. Scholarship in the Schreyer Honors College, the Penn State Blue Band Building, and the Palmer Museum of Art. Her grandfather was Distinguished Alumnus George Herman Deike Sr. ’03, ’48g, former Penn State trustee and Deike Building namesake. Deike was also a Spanish American War bugler, who in 1899 founded the six- member drum and bugle corps that was the forerunner of the Blue Band. Deike also served as president of the Penn State Alumni Association, was one of the longest serving trustees, and was chairman of the board at Penn State during the Milton Eisenhower administration....

"She has also provided financial support for the new Blue Band practice facility through her role as executive director of the HRH Foundation that her mother, Helen Ruth Henderson, established in 1997. Henderson also contributed to the scholarship fund for Schreyer Honors students in her grandfather’s memory and the HRH Foundation purchased and donated the Thomas Hart Benton painting “The Farmer: Coal, Gas, Oil, Brick, 1933” on display in the Palmer Museum of Art..." [1]


Sourcewatch resources

External resources

Contact

References

  1. Pennsylvania State University Honorary Alumni Awards: Helen Lee Henderson, accessed November 18, 2011