Hibikinada power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Japan and coal.|
Hibikinada power station is a 112-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Fukuoka Prefecture, Japan.
The undated satellite photo below shows 1 Hibikimachi, Wakamatsu ward in Kitakyushu city, the location of the plant, according to the Kiko Network.
Background on Plant
The EIA is under local assessment and has been approved.
Construction began in 2016. As of 2016, the plant was planned for operation in 2019-2020.
According to the Kiko Network and Orix, the plant entered commercial operations in December 2018.
- Sponsor: Hibikinida Energy Park
- Parent Company: Orix Corporation, Hokuzai Transport
- Location: Kitakyushu city, Fukuoka Prefecture, Japan
- Coordinates: 33.94, 130.790307 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross Capacity: 112 MW
- Projected in service: 2018
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
- Permits and applications: EIA, Kitakyushu city, Dec 22, 2014
Articles and resources
- "Unknown / Hibikinada Energy Park / Kitakyushu city, Fukuoka pref.," Kiko Network, accessed May 2018
- "Construction plans for Japan's coal power stations," Reuters, Dec 11, 2014
- "Orix beefing up power generation with new plants," Nikkei Asian Review, Apr 2, 2014
- "Unknown / Hibikinada Energy Park / Kitakyushu city, Fukuoka pref.," Kiko Network, accessed Oct 2016
- "オリックスとＭＯＴ総研、北九州市に建設 ４４０億円投資," Mainichi, Aug 20, 2016
- Environment and Energy Service Guide, Orix, accessed February 2019