I've been to war.
Jump to navigation Jump to search
President George W. Bush has been quoted as saying 'I've been to war.' Although the original article can no longer be accessed online, the Wayback Machine provides the following:
On January 27, 2002, CNN.com / allpolitics.com / TIME carried the Associated Press headline "Bush compares raising twins to war."
- "CHARLESTON, West Virginia (AP) -- President Bush says between going to war and raising twins, he'd choose war.
- "Bush's visit to West Virginia last week included a chat with Bob Kiss, Democratic speaker of the West Virginia House of Delegates.
- "While they hail from different parties, they found plenty to talk about -- although while both have twins, Kiss' 5-week-old twin boys aren't quite old enough to cause much trouble.
- "Kiss told Bush that if he wasn't doing anything the next morning, he could come by for their 3 a.m. feeding. Kiss said Bush joked, 'I've been to war. I've raised twins. If I had a choice, I'd rather go to war.'"
To access the original CNN article,
- 1. Go to http://www.waybackmachine.org
- 2. Enter http://www.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/01/27/bush.twins.ap/index.html .