Illinois Department of Agriculture Fertilizer Research and Education Council
The Illinois Department of Agriculture Fertilizer Research and Education Council (FREC) is funded by "a contribution to the Illinois Department of Agriculture of 12.5 cents per ton of fertilizer sold from each of the Illinois Fertilizer Dealerships." It is made up of 3 representatives of the fertilizer industry, 3 representatives of crop production, and 2 representatives of the public at large. The FREC provides grant funding to projects "that have the greatest potential to improve the efficiency of fertilizer use and/or reduce the potential for negative impact of nutrients on the environment."
Resources and articles
- Synthetic Fertilizer
- Fertilizer Use in Africa
- Second Green Revolution
- Abuja Declaration on Fertilizer for African Green Revolution
- Africa Fertilizer Summit June 9-13, 2006
- Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa
- International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC)
- Illinois Fertilizer and Chemical Association conference, Accessed April 20, 2012.