Initiative for Global Development
The Initiative for Global Development (IGD) "is a national network of business leaders that champions effective solutions to global poverty.
"Founded in Seattle in 2003 by Bill Gates Sr., Daniel J. Evans, Bill Ruckelshaus, Bill Clapp and John Shalikashvili, the organization has grown to a national network of 300 members in 11 cities. Members are regional and national opinion leaders, the majority of whom are current CEOs or senior managers of recognized corporations.
"IGD believes that poverty is at the root of many of the world’s gravest challenges and that working to eliminate it is one of the most critical steps the United States can take in creating a more stable, more humane and more prosperous world for all. IGD recognizes that significant reductions in global poverty and sustained economic growth will only be realized with strong participation by the private and public sectors." 
"The Center for Global Development contributed substantially to the Initiative for Global Development's report "A New Global Development Strategy to End Extreme Poverty."" 
Accessed December 2007:  Foundation Supporters
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- German Marshall Fund of the U.S.
- Global Poverty Partners Foundation
- Horace W. Goldsmith Foundation
- Nike Foundation
- Quiet Harbor Trust Fund
- Rockefeller Brothers Fund
- Rockefeller Foundation
- Russell Family Foundation
- William & Flora Hewlett Foundation
- United Nations Foundation
Accessed December 2007: 
- Madeleine K. Albright, Former Secretary of State, U.S. Department of State, CO-CHAIR
- Colin L. Powell, Former Secretary of State, U.S. Department of State, CO-CHAIR
- Richard H. Beahrs, Chairman, Expo Communications, Inc.
- Nancy Birdsall, President, Center for Global Development
- Richard C. Blum, Chairman, Blum Capital Partners, LP
- Raymond G. Chambers, Co-chair, Malaria No More and Chairman, Millennium Promise
- Maria Eitel, President, Nike Foundation
- Donald L. Evans, CEO, Financial Services Forum and Former Secretary, U.S. Department of Commerce
- Michael Gerson, Former Assistant to the President for Policy & Strategic Planning, The White House
- Gerald Grinstein, Former CEO, Delta Air Lines, Inc.
- Rajat Gupta, Senior Partner Worldwide, McKinsey & Company
- Lee Hamilton, President & Director, Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars
- Carla A. Hills, Former U.S. Trade Representative
- Walter Isaacson, President & CEO, The Aspen Institute
- Jim Kolbe, Former Congressman (R-AZ)
- H.L. (Skip) Kotkins, Jr., Chairman & CEO, Skyway Luggage Company
- Mary McClymont, Vice President, Peace & Social Justice, The Ford Foundation and Former President & CEO, InterAction
- Jane Nelson, Director, CSR Initiative, JFK School of Government, Harvard University
- Alan Patricof, Founder & Managing Director, Greycroft LLC
- Michael J. Phillips, Chairman, Russell Investment Group
- William K. Reilly, Founding Partner, Aqua International Partners, LP and Senior Advisor, TPG Capital, LP
- Mary Robinson, Former President of Ireland and Former UN High Commissioner for Human Rights
- Edward W. Scott, Jr., Co-founder & Former President, BEA Systems, Inc.
- Faryar Shirzad, Vice President, International Policy, The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc
- Ted Turner, Chairman, Turner Enterprises, Inc. and Founder, U.N. Foundation
- James D. Wolfensohn, Chairman, International Advisory Board, Citigroup Inc. and Former President, The World Bank
- Sally Jewell, President & CEO, Recreational Equipment, Inc. (REI), CHAIR
- William D. Ruckelshaus, Former EPA Administrator, VICE CHAIR
- Rick Beckett, Former Partner, McKinsey & Company
- William H. Clapp, Chair, Global Partnerships
- Daniel J. Evans, Former U.S. Senator
- Carleton S. Fiorina, Former Chairman, President & CEO, Hewlett-Packard Company
- William H. Gates, Sr.
- John M. Shalikashvili, Former Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff
- Theodore M. Solso, Chairman & CEO, Cummins, Inc
- Richard S. Swanson, President & CEO, Federal Home Loan Bank of Des Moines
Accessed December 2007: 
- Jennifer Potter | President & CEO
- Megan Bowman | Vice President for Policy
- Kristen Dailey | Vice President for Programs & Operations
- Amy Allsopp | Communications Manager
- Jacqueline Bartter | Membership Coordinator
- Ruth Hovick | Office Manager
- David Reynolds | Finance & Human Resources Manager
- Chris Thompson | Development Manager
- Aleena von Berks | Events Manager
Resources and articles
- About, Initiative for Global Development, accessed December 11, 2007.
- Partnerships, Center for Global Development, accessed December 11, 2007.
- Supporters, Initiative for Global Development, accessed December 11, 2007.
- Leadership, Initiative for Global Development, accessed December 11, 2007.
- Staff, Initiative for Global Development, accessed December 11, 2007.