Institute of Liberty and Democracy
The Institute of Liberty and Democracy (ILD) was founded in 1980 and describes itself as a "non-profit organization based in Lima, Peru, the ILD is an internationally respected think tank that has emerged not just as an intellectual force in the field of development but also as an agent of change in the developing and post-Soviet world in the effort to move the assets of the poor from the extralegal economy into an inclusive market economy." 
"One of CIPE’s first grants was to the Institute of Liberty and Democracy (ILD) in Peru to create a streamlined property registry system. This led to a dramatic increase in the number of properties registered in Peru. The ILD team is currently doing similar work in the Philippines, Haiti andEgypt." pdf
- Hernando de Soto — Founder, President and CEO of the ILD, Mr. De Soto also serves on the board.
- Renato Vazquez — Attorney and partner, Law Firm of Echecopar & Garcia.
- Manuel Mayorga — In addition to his role as Director of Diagnosis of the ILD, Mr. Mayorga is also a board member.
- Roberto MacLean — Doctor of jurisprudence and former Peruvian Ambassador to the United States.
Las Begonias 441
Lima 17, Peru
Tel: (51-1) 616-6100
Fax: (51-1) 616-6190
- Who we are, Institute of Liberty and Democracy, accessed June 2008.