Jackie Marie Clegg
She is currently a director of Blockbuster, a position she took up in July 2003. A biographical note states that she "serves as Managing Partner of Clegg International Consultants, LLC, an international strategic consulting firm she founded in September 2001, specializing in emerging markets."  She is also a director of CBOT Holdings Inc., the Chicago Board of Trade, a position she was appointed to in September 2003. She was appointed to a further three-year term on March 10, 2004.  (pdf)
She is also a director of Brookdale Senior Living Inc., Cardiome Pharma Corp. and Javelin Pharmaceuticals Inc. [
As Director of Blockbuster, Bloomberg reported in 2005 that according to U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission filings that Clegg was paid $50,000, half in cash and half in stock. Dodd said that Cleeg had hired an attorney to review her business dealing to avoid conflict of interest problems. "We're sensitive to it," stated. "If something comes up -- we check." 
Bloomberg also reported that in 2004 Clegg earned director's fees from Blockbuster, the Chicago Board of Trade, Cardiome Pharma Corp., Innovative Drug Delivery Systems, Inc. and IPC Holdings, Ltd. 
She was nominated by then President Bill Clinton as Vice Chairman and First Vice President of the Export-Import Bank of the United States, on May 6, 1997. The U.S. Senate confirmed the nomination on June 12, 1997. Eighteen months into her four-year term she also became the bank's Chief Operating Officer. 
A biographical note states that before being appointed to the bank she "served for more than a decade in a variety of national legislative positions. She worked as a legislative assistant for foreign policy, trade, and national security issues on the staff of former Senator Jake Garn. She also served as an associate staff member to the Appropriations Committee and as a professional staff member on the Senate Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs Subcommittee on International Finance and Monetary Policy. Clegg graduated summa cum laude from SUU where she was active in forensics and served as sports editor of the University newspaper. She later earned a master's degree in national security studies from Georgetown University in Washington, D.C." 
Between July 2001 and approximately April 2004, Clegg was a director of IPC Holdings, Ltd., a company listed on the Bermuda Stock Exchange that "through its wholly-owned subsidiary IPCRe Limited, provides property catastrophe reinsurance". 
Other Related SourceWatch Resources
- Southern Utah University (SUU) Outstanding Alumna Award: Jackie M. Clegg, Fall 2000,Southern Utah University, accessed January 2007. (Note this is a archived web page).
- "Jackie M Clegg", Forbes, undated, accessed January 2007.
- "IPC Holdings, Ltd. Announces Appointment of Jackie Clegg to the Board", Media Release, July 24, 2001.
- Chicago Board of Trade, "Ms. Jackie Clegg Public Director CBOT Board of Trade", March 2005.
- "Jackie M. Clegg Director", Brookdale Living Communities, accessed January 2007.
- Nicolas Zimmerman, Senator Dodd taking nothing for granted ", Republican-American, October 10, 2004.
- "The Helicopter War: Washington", Center for Public Integrity, July 12, 2001.
- William McQuillen, "Senate Spouses Find Jobs on Boards of PepsiCo, ConocoPhillips", Bloomberg.com, June 14, 2005.