Jacob A. Mundy
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Jacob A. Mundy holds a PhD from the Institute for Arab and Islamic Studies University Exeter, UK. He is coauthor with Stephen Zunes of Western Sahara: War, Nationalism and Conflict Irresolution (Syracuse University Press 2010).
- Executive Committee, Concerned Africa Scholars 
- Middle East Research and Information Project 
- Amnesty International USA: Assistant Country Specialist, North Africa
- 2002-2005 helped maintained the website friendsofthewesternsahara.org ("a returned Peace Corps volunteer support group for the people of the Western Sahara").
- 2005 International Crisis Group: External Consulting Analyst, September-December
- 1999 - 2001 Peace Corps Volunteer, Morocco
- 2006 - 2009 Overseas Research Student Award Scheme, University of Exeter
- 2007 - 2008 Center for Maghrib Studies in Algeria (American Institute for Maghrib Studies) Long-term research grant
- 2007 HRH Prince Alwaleed Al-Saud Postgraduate Research Award
- 2006 Society for Military and Strategic Studies 2006 Journal of Military and Strategic, Studies Award of Excellence
- 2006 Institute for Anarchist Studies, Writing Grant
- 2006: Presentation on Western Sahara, Briefing for Ambassador-designate for Algeria, Robert Ford, U.S. State Department and National Intelligence Council (10 August 2006).
- 2006 Presentations on Morocco and Western Sahara, Seminar on Western Sahara, U.S. State Department and National Intelligence Council (15 February 2006)
- 2006 Paper on Western Sahara, Islam, Terrorism and Economic Marginality in the Sahara-Sahel, U.S. National Intelligence Council seminar (9 February 2006)
- Western Sahara: War, Nationalism and Conflict Irresolution, coauthor with Stephen Zunes, Syracuse University Press.
- 2009 - 'The Failure of Transformative Minority Politics in Algeria: The Kabyli Citizens' Movement and the State' in Minorities and the State in Africa, Michael Mbanaso and Chima J. Korieh (eds).
- 2009 - 'Ethno-Nationalism, Irredentism and Asymmetric Conflict: The Morocco-Polisario War for Western Sahara, 1975-1991' in Conflict and Insurgency in the Modern Middle East, Barry Rubin (ed.), Taylor and Francis.
- 2007 - 'Western and Saharan Africa, History of (600 to 1600 CE)', in New Encyclopedia of Africa, John Middleton (ed.), Charles Scribner's Sons/Thompson Gale
- 2007 - 'Colonial Formations in Western Saharan National Identity (Or, On the Ethnogenesis of the Sahrawi)', in North African Mosaic: A Cultural Reappraisal of Ethnic and Religious Minorities, Nabil Boudraa and Joseph Krause (eds.), Cambridge Scholars Press: 294-320