Muara Sabak coal terminal
Muara Sabak coal terminal is an offshore anchorage used for coal exports from the Jambi Province of Sumatra, Indonesia.
The ancourage has a capacity of 3 million megatonnes.
Proposed coal terminal
In July 2014 it was reported that Indonesia planned to build 14 dedicated coal terminals on the islands of Kalimantan and Sumatra in a bid to curb illegal coal exports. One of the proposed locations was Jambi. However the government was finding it difficult to obtain private funding for the terminals in the current environment of depressed coal prices.
- Location: Muarasabak, Jambi Province, Sumatra, Indonesia
- Annual Coal Capacity (Tonnes): 3
- Status: Operating
- Type: Exports
- Coal source: Jambi Province, Sumatra, Indonesia
Articles and Resources
- "List of Indonesia Coal Ports (2009)," Indonesia Associate, accessed May 2012.
- "Indonesia's plan for dedicated coal ports will face funding issues, may hit exports: analysts," Platts, 4 July, 2014