James O'Connor, PhD, is co-founder and Editor-in-Chief of Capitalism, Nature, Socialism: A Journal of Socialist Ecology, and Director of the Center for Political Ecology in Santa Cruz, California. He is retired from teaching sociology, economics, and environmental studies at the University of California, Santa Cruz. 
- James O'Connor, Natural causes: Essays in ecological marxism (Guilford Press, 1998). review by Paul Burkett
- James O'Connor, (1988). Capitalism nature socialism: A theoretical introduction, Capitalism Nature Socialism 1(1): 11–38
- Alexander Cockburn, (1989) Socialist ecology: What it means, why no other kind will do: An interview with James O’Connor Z Magazine 2(2): 15–30.
- James O’Connor , J. (1994) Is capitalism sustainable? In Martin O'Connor, (Ed.), Is Capitalism Sustainable? Political Economy and the Politics of Ecology (Guilford, 1994).
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Natural Causes, Guilford Press, accessed November 10, 2009.