See also James Whelan, a community activist involved with groups like Friends of the Earth.
James R. Whelan is a longtime foreign correspondent and former editor of the Sacramento Union, the Miami News, the Washington Times, and CBN News.
Whelan was reportedly president of the Inter-Security Educational Institute, co-publisher of West Watch., and he was reportedly associate editor of the Latin American News Service (date?)
His name is also reportedly on the 1988 membership list of the Council for National Policy as "James Whelan, McLean, Virginia, president, Capital Communications International"
Articles and Resources
Related SourceWatch Articles
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The American Spectator : Contributors : James R. Whelan. The American Spectator : Contributors : James R. Whelan. Retrieved on 2010-01-03. “James R. Whelan's books include Out of the Ashes: Life, Death and Transfiguration of Democracy in Chile, 1833-1988. He has reported on the country since 1958, and served 1992-1995 as visiting professor at the University of Chile.”
- ↑ 13 Newsmen Get Nieman Awards; 5 Foreigners to Be Added to … - $3.95 - New York Times - Jun 8, 1966
Thirteen newspapermen were announced by Harvard University today as winners of Nieman fellowships for 1966-67...
- ↑ Miami News Names Editor - $3.95 - New York Times - Sep 9, 1971 - James R. Whelan, a foreign correspondent and a former Nieman fellow at Harvard University, was appointed today assistant managing editor of The...
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Sacramento Editor to Head New DC Paper - Los Angeles Times - Feb 24, 1982 - Whelan has resigned as editor and vice president of the Sacramento Union to become publisher and editor of a new, conservatively oriented Washington...
- ↑ Washington Times' Chief Whelan Leaves - Pay-Per-View - Los Angeles Times - ProQuest Archiver - Jul 14, 1984 - The Washington Times, the 2year-old newspaper financed by Sun Myung Moon's Unification Church, surprised industry analysts and many of its own staff Friday ...
- ↑ unknown (Berlet?) (1991-01-01). Council for Inter-American Security. Political Research Associates - Right Web. Retrieved on 2010-01-3. “James Whelan, president of the Inter-Security Educational Institute, co-publisher of West Watch. (50)”
- ↑ Whelan bio, for his PBS Distorts History in "The Judge and the General". New American (2008-09-26). Retrieved on 2010-01-03. “James R. Whelan has had a distinguished career in journalism spanning more than five decades, much of it covering — and living in — Latin America (particularly Chile, Venezuela, and Mexico). He began reporting for UPI in 1952 and has served as managing editor of The Miami News, vice president and editor of The Sacramento Union, founding editor, publisher and CEO of The Washington Times, and associate editor of the Latin American News Service. He has been a professor or associate professor at universities in the United States and Chile and is a frequent contributor to scores of newspapers and magazines throughout the hemisphere. He has recently returned to reside in Florida, after several years in Chile.”
- ↑ 1988 CNP Membership List. seekgod.ca. Retrieved on 2010-01-03.