James S. Gordon
Dr. James S. Gordon, of Washington, D.C., served as Chair of the White House Commission on Complementary and Alternative Medicine Policy. He "is currently the Director of the Center for Mind-Body Medicine. Previously, he chaired the Program Advisory Council at the Office of Alternative Medicine of the National Institutes of Health. In addition to maintaining a private practice in Psychiatry and Medicine, Dr. Gordon has been a Clinical Professor at the Georgetown University School of Medicine in the Departments of Psychiatry and Family Medicine since 1980. He is a member of the National Institute of Health's Cancer Advisory Panel and was the Director of a Special Study of Alternative Services for the President's Commission on Mental Health. He has written extensively on the subjects of psychiatry and alternative and holistic care, and serves on the Editorial Boards of Alternative and Complementary Therapies and Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine. He received his A.B. from Harvard College and his M.D. from Harvard Medical School." 
Dr. Gordon’s most recent book is Unstuck: Your Guide to the Seven Stage Journey Out of Depression (Penguin Press). He is also the author of Comprehensive Cancer Care: Integrating Alternative, Complementary and Conventional Therapies and Manifesto for a New Medicine: Your Guide to Healing Partnerships and the Wise Use of Alternative Therapies (both Perseus Books). He also helped develop and write the educational materials to supplement the public television series “Healing and the Mind with Bill Moyers”. He is a fellow of the Fetzer Institute. 
- Trustee, Exponents
- Medical Advisory Board (International), Integrative Health Trust 
- Advisory Board, IntegrativePractitioner.com 
- Medical Advisory Board, British College of Integrative Medicine 
- James S. Gordon, White House Commission on Complementary and Alternative Medicine Policy, accessed November 18, 2011
- Integrative Health Trust Board, organizational web page, accessed June 19, 2013.
- IntegrativePractitioner.com Advisory Board, organizational web page, accessed July 21, 2013.
- British College of Integrative Medicine Medical Advisory Board, organizational web page, accessed May 31, 2014.