Janine Wedel 
- 2005-present Professor, School of Public Policy, George Mason University. Also affiliated: Center for Social Science Research and Department of Sociology and Anthropology, George Mason University.
- 2002-2005 Associate Professor, School of Public Policy, George Mason University.
- 1999-2002 Associate Professor, Graduate School of Public and International Affairs, University of Pittsburgh, and Director of Research Development and Senior Research Associate, Ridgway Center (1999-2001).
- 2006-present Fellow, New America Foundation, Washington, D.C
- 1999-2006 Fellow, National Institute of Justice, Washington, D.C.
- 1994-1999 Associate Research Professor, Depts. of Anthropology & Sociology, and Research Associate, Institute of European, Russian, and Eurasian Studies, The George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
- 1993-1998 Adjunct Professor, Graduate Public Policy Institute, The Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.
- 1994 Research Scholar, Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars, Washington, D.C.
- 1992-1993 Assoc. Prof. Lecturer, International Affairs, The George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
- 1987-1994 International Trade Analyst, U.S. International Trade Commission, Washington, D.C.
- 1991-1992 Fulbright Professor, Warsaw University, Institute of Applied Social Sciences, Warsaw, Poland.
1989-1990 Fulbright Professor, Catholic University of Lublin, Dept. of Social Sciences, Lublin, Poland.
1987 International Economist (Consultant), U.S. International Trade Commission 1985-86 & Visiting Researcher (Fulbright & IREX fellowships), Warsaw University.
- Building Accountability into International Development Advising in an Age of Diffused Governance. Resource Handbook, Submitted to Ford Foundation, 2007.
- The New Interface of State-Private Control and Its Implications for Corruption in Central and Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Forthcoming in monograph series. Submitted to National Institute of Justice, Washington, D.C, 2006.
- "Corruption and Organized Crime in Post-Communist States: New Ways of Manifesting Old Patterns". In Trends in Organized Crime, vol. 7, no. 1, Fall 2001, pp. 3-61 (released Fall 2003).
- Local Government Reform, NGOs, and Training in Russia: A Tale of Three Cities (with Jonathan Harris and Yulia Bolotskikh). Washington, D.C.: The Eurasia Foundation, 2002.
- Toward an Anti-Corruption Agenda. Report commissioned by the Social Development Team, World Bank, Washington, D.C., 1999.
- Western Aid to Central and Eastern Europe: What We are Doing Right, What We are Doing Wrong, and How We Can Do It Better (with John Harper). East European Studies Occasional Paper: The Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars, no. 41, September 1995.
- The Effects of Regulation on the Home Improvement Industry. Manual commissioned and distributed by the Federal Trade Commission, Washington, D.C., 1982.
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- About, Janine Wedel, accessed March 23, 2009.