Jason Beardsley is the Special Operations Advisor for Concerned Veterans for America (CVA), a 501(c)(4) dark money group connected to the Koch Brothers. According to his profile on CVA's website, Beardsley served for 22 years in the military including 15 years in special forces with deployments to "Iraq, the Horn of Africa, the West Bank and Gaza Strip." He is also the co-founder and CEO of The Underground Movement, a company which creates t-shirts "inspired by our past heroes and historical events... reminding us to be humble and inspiring us to fall back in love with America."
Through his position at CVA, Jason Beardsley has been a frequent political commentator on issues of veterans affairs and US military operations. He appears frequently on FOX News, FOX Business, and participated in CVA's 2016 "Defend Freedom Tour." Beardsley has supported for the privatization of the VA, criticized the Obama Administration "lead-from-behind" policy in fighting ISIL, denounced President Obama for "chastising police," stated that "being gay is accepted, being conservative is not!," and supported the xenophobic sentiments of Donald Trump.
Jason Beardsley spoke at the 2016 Republican National Convention, where he harshly criticized the idea that "since we've made mistakes, we should forfeit our leadership, or God forbid, we should lead from behind." He also praised the convictions and the prospective leadership of Donald Trump.
- Jason Beardsley, Concerned Veterans for America, accessed July 18, 2016.
- About Us, The Underground Movement, accessed July 18, 2016.
- Brendan Morrow, "Jason Beardsley, RNC Speaker: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know," Heavy, July 18, 2016.
- Patriots on Tour, Defend Freedom Tour 2016, accessed July 18, 2016.
- Jason Beardsley, "VA should become independent agency," The Columbus Dispatch, March 29, 2015.
- "These Veterans Served in Iraq. They Sound Off About What’s Going on There Today," Tea Party, August 16, 2014.
- Jason Beardsley, Twitter post, July 10, 2016.
- Jason Beardsley, Twitter post, June 28, 2016.
- Jason Beardsley, Twitter post, July 3, 2016.