Jawa-6 power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Indonesia and coal|
Jawa-6 power station is a proposed 2,000-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power proposed in West Java Province, Indonesia.
PLN's map shows both the Jawa-5 and Jawa-6 power stations being located in Muara Gembong District, in Bekasi Regency, West Java Province.
Background on Plant
PLN's 2014 long-range plan shows the development of Jawa-5 and Jawa-6 coal-fired power plants, totaling four 1,000-MW coal-fired units, being built in West Java Province. The project is shown on a map contained in PLN's long-range plan, which shows it located near the Babalam. In the plan, the four units are scheduled for completion in 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021.
PLN's 2015-2024 plan lists Jawa-6 as completed in 2023.
PLN's 2016-2025 plan lists Jawa-6 as completed in 2025.
PLN's 2017-2026 plan lists Jawa-6 as completed in 2023 and 2024.
PLN's 2018-2027 plan defers the completion of Jawa-6 until after 2027, effectively shelving it.
- Sponsor: PT PLN
- Location: Muara Gembong District, Bekasi Regency, West Java Province, Indonesia
- Coordinates: -5.935064, 107.030182 (approximate)
- Status: Shelved
- Gross Capacity: 2,000 MW (Units 1 & 2: 1000 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- Projected in service: 2023, 2024
- Fuel Type: coal
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- “PLN Long Term Electricity Plan (2013-2023),” presentation by Moch. Sofyan, Head of New & Renewable Division of PT PLN (Persero), 06 March 2014
- "Executive Summary: Electricity Supply Business Plan, PT PLN (Persero) 2015-2014,"
- “Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik, PT PLN (Persero), 2016-2025,” Kementerian Energi Dan Sumber Daya Mineral, June 2016
- Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik (RUPTL) 2017-2026, PT PLN Persero, p. VI-54
- Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik (RUPTL) 2018-2027, PT PLN Persero, Table 5.3, V-5