Dr. Jennifer Leaning "is Professor of International Health at Harvard School of Public Health. She also serves as a director for the Program on Humanitarian Crises at the FXB Center for Health and Human Rights, and the Human Security Program at the Harvard Center for Population and Development Studies.
"Dr. Leaning is an assistant professor of medicine at Harvard Medical School and is an attending physician in the Emergency Department at Brigham and Women’s Hospital.
"For the past ten years, Dr. Leaning has served as editor in chief of Medicine and Global Survival, an international quarterly addressing issues of war, disaster, human rights and the environment from the perspective of medicine and public health.
"Dr. Leaning has extensive field experience in the areas of disaster response and human rights in the Middle East; former USSR; Somalia; Albania and Kosovo. Her research and policy interests include problems of international human rights and international humanitarian law, humanitarian crises and medical ethics in practical settings of disasters and emergencies." 
- Former Director, Oxfam USA
- Faculty Associate, Center for International Development
- Associate Faculty, Center for Health and the Global Environment 
- Director, Humane Society of the United States
- Steering Committee (Cochair and cofounder), Harvard Humanitarian Initiative