Jewish Policy Center
The Jewish Policy Center (JPC), founded in 1985 as an "offshoot" of the Republican Jewish Coalition, is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit "nonpartisan but Republican-oriented" think tank which "provides scholarly perspectives on foreign and domestic policies that impact the Jewish community in the United States, and the broader American public," its website states.
"The JPC asserts that Jewish Americans can no longer afford to stubbornly hold on to outdated ideas of the past. This includes optimism over misguided Middle East peace deals, appeasement of dictators, and unrealistic hopes that dangerous realities in the Middle East might simply change without tougher U.S. policies."
The JPC supports:
- The "global war against Islamic extremism".
- "U.S. efforts to spread democracy in the Middle East."
- "[I]t is critical to reduce America's dependence on foreign oil.
- "Washington's efforts to deter dangerous states from acquiring nuclear weapons."
- "[F]ull support to Israel in its long war for security in the Middle East."
Board of Directors
- Richard J. Fox, Chairman
- Sheldon B. Kamins, Honorary Chairman
- Marshall J. Breger, Vice Chairman
- Michael David Epstein, Vice Chairman
- Jeffrey P. Altman, General Counsel
- Matthew Brooks, Executive Director
- Jonathan Schanzer, Director of Policy
Board of Trustees
- Diana Epstein
- Cheryl Halpern
- Joel Hoppenstein
- Eliot Lauer
- Mark L. Lezell
- Herman Obermayer
- J. Philip Rosen
- Walter P. Stern
Board of Fellows
- William J. Bennett
- Mona Charen
- Midge Decter
- David Frum
- Rabbi Joshua Haberman
- David Horowitz
- Irving Kristol
- Rabbi Daniel Lapin
- Michael A. Ledeen
- Michael Medved
- Larry Miller (Actor)
- David Novak
- Daniel Pipes
- John Podhoretz
- Norman Podhoretz
- Dennis Prager
- Ruth Wisse
Jewish Policy Center
50 F Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001
Phone: 202 638-2411
Fax: 202 638-6694
Email: info AT jewishpolicycenter.org
inFocus Quarterly Journal: http://www.jewishpolicycenter.org/infocus/
Related SourceWatch articles
- Bryan Schwartzman, "Homegrown Pundit Appointed to Think Tank," Jewish Exponent, March 8, 2007.
- Nathaniel Popper, "In a Time of Dissent, Jewish Conservatives Close Ranks," The Jewish Daily Forward, April 30, 2004.
- Seth Lipsky, "No Majority Without Minorities. It won't be easy, but Republicans need to keep courting Jewish and black voters," OpinionJournal, November 15, 2000.
- About, Jewish Policy Center.
- About: Profile: Shelly Kamins, Wilson Center.
- Key Participants, CJCS.net.
- Jonathan Schanzer Blogspot.
- Daniel Lapin, Wikipedia.
- Right Wing Organizations: Toward Tradition, People for the American Way.
- Michael Medved, Wikipedia.
- Recipient Grants: Jewish Policy Center, Media Transparency.
- Also see external articles for the Republican Jewish Coalition.
- Joseph A. D'Agostino, "Conservative spotlight: Jewish Policy Center: Sheldon Kamins," Human Events (FindArticles.com), February 26, 1999.
- "Pro-'surge' group is almost all Jewish," JTA, August 24, 2007.
- Beila Rabinowitz, "Jewish Policy Center Discussion Highlights Radical Islam On Campus," PipeLineNews.org, September 20, 2007.
- Jonathan Schanzer, "Anti-Semitic Jihad," Henry Jackson Society (FrontPageMag.com), October 3, 2007.