Jiaxing power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Jiaxing power station (浙能嘉兴发电公司) is a 5,000-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Zhejiang Province, China. It is among the ten largest coal plants in the world.
The map below shows the location of the plant, in Pinghu City, Jiaxing Prefecture, Zhejiang Province.
Background on Plant
Jiaxing power station is an eight-unit coal-fired power plant with a total capacity of 5,000 MW in Zhejiang Province. The two-unit Jiaxing-1 and the four-unit Jiaxing-2, totaling 3,000 MW, were completed between 1995 and 2005. Jiaxing-3 Units 1 & 2, totaling 2,000 MW, were completed in 2011. The plants are owned in various shares by Zhejiang Provincial Energy Group, National Energy Investment Group, and Jinneng Group.
Project Details for Phase III Expansion
- Sponsor: Zhejiang Provincial Energy Group (80%), National Energy Investment Group (20%)
- Location: Pinghu City, Jiaxing Prefecture, Zhejiang Province, China
- Coordinates: 30.62804, 121.14422 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 2,000 MW (Units 1 & 2: 1,000 MW)
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- In service: 2011
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "Jiaxing," Coal-Fired Plants in China - Zhejiang, accessed November 2014