Joan Edelman Spero
(Redirected from Joan E. Spero)
Joan Edelman Spero is President of the Doris Duke Charitable Foundation. She is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations. Spero served in both the James Earl Carter, Jr. and Clinton administrations.
- President, Doris Duke Foundation, 1998-December 2008 
- Under Secretary of Economic, Business, and Agricultural affairs, Department of State, 1993-1997.
- Executive Vice President, American Express Corp. 1981-1993.
- U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Economic and Social Council, 1980-1981.
- Visiting Scholar, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, 1976-1977.
- Assistant Professor, Columbia, 1973-1979.
- B.A. cum laude, University of Wisconsin, 1966.
- Masters in Iinternational Affairs, Columbia, 1968.
- Ph.D. in Political Science, Columbia, 1973.
- Director, Council on Foreign Relations 
- Trustee, Brookings Institute
- Member, Atlantic Institute
- Member, Trilateral Commission
Articles and Resources
- Board, Council on Foreign Relations, accessed March 20, 2011.
Related SourceWatch Articles
- Design to Win: Philanthropy's Role in the Fight Against Global Warming
- Philanthropy and the No-Coal Movement