Joel M. Schwartz
He has done stints at the Reason Public Policy Institute, the RAND Corporation, and the American Enterprise Institute. He has been listed as an adjunct senior fellow at the Hudson Institute and an an adjunct scholar at the John Locke Foundation.
Schwartz got a BA in chemistry from Cornell University in 1986, and a master's degree in planetary science from California Institute of Technology in 1990. 
Schwartz was a speaker at the Heartland Institute/International Conference on Climate Change (2009) organized by the Heartland Institute think tank.
In July 2007, the John Locke Foundation released a report authored by Schwartz, titled, "A North Carolina Citizen's Guide to Global Warming."  In the report, Schwartz claims that [Al] "Gore's brand of over-the-top climate hysteria has nothing to do with reality"; and that "Most of the greenhouse effect is natural and is due to water vapor naturally in the atmosphere, as well as natural levels of carbon dioxide (CO2), methane, and a few other greenhouse gases." 
Articles and resources
Related SourceWatch articles
- Joel Schwartz (disambiguation)
- Global warming skeptics
- Heartland Institute
- Heartland Institute/International Conference on Climate Change (2009)
- Heartland Institute/Global warming experts
- John Locke Foundation
- SourceWatch:Project:Creating Articles on Sponsors and Speakers at The 2008 International Conference on Climate Change
- "Resume," JoelSchwartz.com, accessed March 2009.
- The Claremont Institute - Joel Schwartz. The Claremont Institute. Retrieved on 2009-12-26. “Joel Schwartz is an adjunct senior fellow at the Hudson Institute in Washington, D.C.”
- Carolina Journal Print Columnists - Joel Schwartz. Carolina Journal. Retrieved on 2009-12-26. “Joel Schwartz is a visiting scholar at the American Enterprise Institute and an adjunct scholar at the John Locke Foundation.”
- E-Team - Joel Schwartz. National Center for Policy Analysis. Retrieved on 2009-12-26.
- "Speakers," Heartland Institute website, accessed January 2009.
- Michael Gardner, "Bush, Schwarzenegger differ on global-warming approach," Copley News Service, September 20, 2007.
- "Policy Reports: A North Carolina Citizen's Guide to Global Warming," John Locke Foundation website, July 25, 2007.
- Joel Schwartz, "Policy Reports: A North Carolina Citizen's Guide to Global Warming (pdf)," John Locke Foundation, July 2007.
- "Joel M. Schwartz," profile on the American Enterprise Institute website.
- "How Environmentalists and Scientists Mislead Americans about Air Pollution and Climate Change: An Exchange between Joel Schwartz and the Natural Resources Defense Council," JoelSchwartz.com, September 2007. Schwartz's response to a National Resources Defense Council report titled, "Heat Advisory: How Global Warming Causes More Bad Air Days," their response to him, and his response to their response.
- Joel Schwartz, "Climate Change and Human Health: A California Perspective", Presentation to the Heartland Institute's International Conference on Climate Change (2009), March 9, 2009. (PowerPoint)
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|