"Dr. Jon Klimo is... author of... Channeling: Investigations on Receiving Information from Paranormal Sources (1988, 1998)... Having begun his career as a poet and painter, he was a professor at Rutgers University from 1974-82 as the Founding Director for its large Creative Arts Education Program. As a lifelong multi-disciplinarian, he has also done extensive research, writing, teaching, and presentations in the areas of the arts, creativity, intuition, inspiration, and imagination, philosophy and physics, as well as in the areas already mentioned.
"In April 2010, his latest book, Handbook to the Afterlife, co-authored with Pamela Heath, M.D., Psy.D., was published. In 2006, he co-authored with Heath, Suicide: What Really Happens in the Afterlife?. He is currently working on a number of other books: Close Encounters of the Inner Kind: Channeling Extraterrestrials; Scientific Information from Paranormal Sources; The Nature of How We Create Our Own Reality (working title), and Helping Those with Anomalous, Paranormal, and Otherworldly Experiences (working title)."
- 1998- present, The Vanguard Foundation: in-progress multi-year support for research in area of survival of physical death and anomalous communication systems (approx. $10,000 per year)
- 1975-1977, The Rockefeller Foundation: for program research and development of program at Rutgers University Graduate School of Education (approx. $100,000 over two years).
- 1996-present, Associate Member, The Parapsychological Association
- 1997, National Institute for Discovery Science; one of 10 scientists at by-invitation research retreat on “Consciousness & Survival”
- 1997-1999, founding member, research group, California Pacific Medical Center, Institute for Health and Healing (San Francisco)
- 1995-98, President, The California Society for Psychical Studies
- 1994-98, Founding board member of, and referral system consultant for, OPUS: The Organization for Paranormal Understanding and Support
- 1994, Vice-President, United States Psychotronics Association
- 1992-94, Secretary, San Francisco Tesla Society
- 1987-91, Member, Foundation for Mind/Being Research CV
Resources and articles
- Jon Klimo, Channeling: Investigations on Receiving Information from Paranormal Sources, (Los Angeles: Jeremy P. Tarcher, Inc.1987) -- republished by North Atlantic Books