Jorong O/C Mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor and the Center for Media and Democracy.|
Jorong Barutuma Gretson (JBG) is a coal mine located approximately 105 km south of Banjarmasi, South Kalimantan, Indonesia.
The map below shows the approximate location of JBG near Jorong, within Tanuh Luat, South Kalimantan, Indonesia.
According to petromindo.com, JBG operates as a wholly owned subsidiary of Indonesia-listed mining firm PT Inda Tambangraya Megah Tbk. (ITM) whose shares are majority-owned by the BanpuGroupofThailand (BanpuPie.) through PT Centralink Wisesa International (CWI).” 
Production at the mine began in 1999 and, according to petromindo.com in 2016, was planned to cease in 2017, due to reserves depletion.
- Owner: Jorong Barutuma Gretson 
- Parent company: Inda Tambangraya Megah Tb
- Location: Near Jorong, Tanuh Luat, South Kalimantan, Indonesia
- 'GPS coordinates:’
- Mine status:’' retired
- 'Start year:’ 1999
- Mineable reserves:
- Coal type:’’ sub-bituminous coal
- Mine size: 10,515 hectares
- Mine type: Surface
- ’Production:' 1.2 million tons per annum
- Additional proposed production:
- Number of employees:
Articles and resources
- Alexander Ginting (Publisher), Robert Sihotang (Project Leader), Reiner Simanjuntak, Johannes Simbolon, Tyasno Hery, Rudi Simangunsong, Adianto Simamora, Godang Sitompul, Romel S., Yuda Prihatna, Abdul Karim, lpunk AF [Paper Copy, Indonesian Coal Book 2016/2017] Petromindo.Com, May 2016 Release