(Redirected from Jose Ramon-Horta)Jump to navigation Jump to search
On February 11, 2008, Horta was shot and seriously wounded during a confrontation between his security guards and disaffected former members of the military led by Alfredo Reinado. Reinado was shot and killed during the exchange of gunfire. 
- International Advisory Council, Counterpart International
- Former Co-chair, State of the World Forum
- Advisory Council, Points of Peace Foundation
- Advisory Council, International Service for Human Rights
- Endorser, Nonviolent Peaceforce 
- Patron, Martin Ennals Award for Human Rights Defenders 
- Prize Selection Committee, Millenium Peace Prize 
- Co-winner 1996 Nobel Peace Prize
- Honorary Advisory Board, International Simultaneous Policy Organisation 
- International Advisory Committee, SIPAZ 
- Advisory Editorial Board, Human Rights Quarterly 
- Advisory Board, Brazzaville Foundation 
- Donald Greenlees, "East Timor hopes new leader will heal divisions," International Herald Tribune, May 11, 2007.
- "Profile: Jose Ramos-Horta," BBC News, updated February 11, 2008.
- Endorsers, Nonviolent Peaceforce, accessed August 6, 2007.
- Syrian Human Rights Defender receives 2005 Martin Ennals Award, Martin Ennals Award for Human Rights Defenders, accessed August 14, 2007.
- Millenium Peace Prize for Women, International Alert, accessed September 17, 2007.
- Honorary Advisory Board, International Simultaneous Policy Organisation, accessed March 3, 2009.
- International Advisory Committee, SIPAZ, accessed August 24, 2009.
- Editors and Editorial Board, Human Rights Quarterly, accessed March 22, 2010.
- Brazzaville Foundation Advisory Board, accessed December January 6, 2020.