Smoot is "one of a series of top Obama aides who has strong ties to former Sen. Tom Daschle (D-S.D.). Smoot was finance director for Daschle during his time in the Senate, and she held the same role for John Edwards in his 1998 Senate race. [In 2006] she was finance director for the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee and will hold the same position for Obama," Chris Cillizza wrote January 16, 2007, in the Washington Post's The Fix Blog.
Related SourceWatch articles
- Julianna Smoot, Wikipedia.
- Chris Cillizza, "The Obama-Daschle Connection," The Fix Blog/Washington Post, December 11, 2006.
- Democratic Committees-Organization. 2006 Edition. Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, updated December 19, 2006.
- Chris Cillizza, "Barack Obama's Impressive Team," The Fix Blog/Washington Post, January 16, 2007.
- Chris Cillizza, "A Look at Leadership Changes at the Parties' Campaign Committees," The Fix Blog/Washington Post, November 28, 2006.
- Mary Clare Jalonik, "Daschle: Obama Has 'Unlimited Potential'," Associated Press (Washington Post), December 19, 2006.
- Lynn Sweet, "On Obama hiring: Male heavy. Senate staff racially diverse. Who's who on Obama staff. Adds Betsy Myers," Sweet column Blog/Chicago Sun-Times, January 22, 2007.
- Lynn Sweet, "'08 rivals dash for campaign cash. A look at the Obama fundraising operation," Sweet column Blog/Chicago Sun-Times, March 27, 2007.
- Howard Fineman, "Obama's Secret Weapon. Endorsements. Key staffers. Fundraising lists. Brotherly advice. Former Senate Democratic leader Tom Daschle is making his presence felt behind the scenes in Barack Obama's presidential campaign," Newsweek/MSNBC, April 10, 2007.
- John Dickerson, "Edwards' $400 Haircut. And other curious facts hiding in the presidential campaign-finance reports," Slate, April 17, 2007,
- Mike Dorning and Christi Parsons, "Inside Obama's inner circle. Ahead of likely presidential campaign, senator relies on core of trusted advisers," Chicago Tribune, July 17, 2007.
- Ben Smith, "Getting paid," The Politico, July 18, 2007.
- Matthew Mosk, "The $75 Million Woman. Barack Obama's finance director helped transform a fledgling campaign into a fundraising machine," Washington Post (CBS News), October 8, 2007.
- Mike Allen, "Obama Courted Hsu," The Politico, October 8, 2007. re Norman Hsu