KMAX-31, UPN (TV Station)
|Fake TV News: A CMD Special Report|
|This article is part of the Center for Media and Democracy's special report, Fake TV News: Widespread and Undisclosed.
Click here to read the report summary.
KMAX-31 is a Sacramento-based television station and a part of the UPN network.
Use of Video News Releases and/or Satellite Media Tours
In the 5am news bulletin on June 9, 2005 the station broadcast an edited and re-voiced version of a video news release produced by MultiVu for the American Dental Association on saliva testing for diseases. 
- On KMAX in Sacramento, she told viewers of the 9 p.m. show about how frequent flier miles were becoming easier to use, and interviewed a spokesman from Capital One, a credit card vendor, to show how.
UPN 31 / KMAX
500 Media Place
Sacramento, California 95815
Phone (general switch): 916-925-3100
Phone (News): 916-921-3019
- Audio news releases
- Brand Hype
- Branded Entertainment
- Media releases
- Satellite Media Tours
- Radio Media Tours
- Public Service Announcements
- Video news releases: PR for California's Schwarzenegger administration
- Dennis Roddy, "She's not a reporter -- she just plays one on TV," Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, March 20, 2004.
- Diane Farsetta and Daniel Price, "Fake TV News: Widespread and Undisclosed: A multimedia report on television newsrooms' use of material provided by PR firms on behalf of paying clients", Center for Media and Democracy, April 6, 2006.