Kathy Kelly "of Chicago, IL, is co-coordinator of Voices for Creative Nonviolence. She helped initiate Voices in the Wilderness, a campaign to end the UN/US sanctions against Iraq in 1996...
"Kelly helped organize and participated in nonviolent direct action teams in Haiti (summer of 1994), Bosnia (August, 1993, December, 1992) and Iraq (Gulf Peace Team, 1991). In April of 2002, she was among the first internationals to visit the Jenin camp, where conventional military forces of the Israeli Defense Force had destroyed over 100 civilian homes, in the Occupied West Bank...
"Other Lands Have Dreams: from Baghdad to Pekin prison (2005) by Kathy Kelly is available through Counterpunch or Voices for Creative Nonviolence...
"“In a Time of Siege,” a Peace Productions DVD about Voices in the Wilderness narrated by Studs Terkel is available from the Voices for Creative Nonviolence office, 1249 West Argyle, Chicago, IL 60640, 773-878-3815. The video shows footage of the Iraq Peace Team members in Baghdad on the day that U.S. Marines arrived. It also shows Voices activists living in Basra, Iraq during the summer of 2000 and, at other points, delivering medical supplies.
- Pax Christi USA Teacher of Peace Award, 1998
- Newberry Library Free Speech Award, 1998
- Detroit City Council Testimonial Resolution commending humanitarian efforts, February 1999
- Robert O. Cooper Fellowship in Peace and Justice Award, Southern Methodist University March 1999
- University of the Incarnate Word Distinguished Speaker Award March 1999
- California State Assembly Certificate of Recognition for Founding of Voices in the Wilderness November 1999
- Peace Abbey Courage of Conscience Award, 1999
- Consortium on Peace Research and Development Social Courage Award, 1999
- Dan Berrigan Award, DePaul University 1999
- Office of the Americas Peace and Justice Award November 1999
- International Fellowship of Reconciliation International Pfeffer Peace Prize, February 2000
- Nobel Peace Prize Nominee with Denis Halliday 2000
- Arab American Anti Discrimination Committee Humanitarian Award June 2000
- Nobel Peace Prize Nominee 2001
- Chaldean Iraqi American Association of Michigan Appreciation Award for Dedication in Lifting *Sanctions Against Iraq July 2001
- Newberry Library “1st place” orator – Bughouse Square Debates August 2001
- Life for Relief and Development Humanitarian Services Award September 2001
- Global Exchange International Women’s Rights Awardee May 2003
- Archbishop Oscar Romero Award, Mercyhurst College March 2003
- Nobel Peace prize Nominee, with Voices in the Wilderness 2003
- Call to Action Leadership Award, with Voices in the Wilderness 2003
- Thomas Merton Center Award, Pittsburgh, PA 2003
- Adela Dwyer St. Thomas of Villanova Peace Award, Villanova University, Voices in the Wilderness 2003
- William Scarlett Award from The Witness, Voices in the Wilderness 2003
- Association of Chicago Priests, Joseph Cardinal Bernardin Common Ground Award with Voices in the Wilderness 2004
- First Annual Award for Justice on behalf of the Religious Orders Partnership given to Kathy Kelly and Voices in the Wilderness
- Cranbrook Peace Foundation Annual Peace Award 2004
- Houston Peace and Justice Center National Peacemaker Award
- Peace Seeker of the Year 2005, Montana Peace Seekers Network
- Doctor of Theology honoris causa from Chicago Theological Seminary awarded May 14, 2005
- Honorary degree awarded from Lewis University, May 15, 2005
- Elliott Black Award for 2006 awarded by the American Ethical Union" 
- Conference Advisory Committee, Gandhi-King Conference on Peacemaking
- Advisory Board, JustMedia 
- Advisory Board, Waging Nonviolence 
- Advisory Board, World BEYOND War 
Resources and articles
- ↑ Kathy Kelly, Voices for Creative Nonviolence, accessed August 14, 2007.
- ↑ Advisory Board, JustMedia, accessed November 10, 2007.
- ↑ Waging Nonviolence Advisory Board, organizational web page, accessed December 8, 2013.
- ↑ World BEYOND War Who, organizational web page, accessed November 4, 2019.