Kenneth R. Timmerman
His articles and commentaries have been published or re-posted online by numerous conservative websites: Western Journalism Center, WorldNetDaily, NewsMax, Insight Magazine, the Foundation for the Defense of Democracies, Daniel Pipes website, The Washington Times, and JINSA. and The Iran Brief, which he launched in December 1994.
Previously, Timmerman wrote for "Time, Newsweek, The Wall Street Journal, and Reader's Digest." 
Timmerman is the author of several books, the most recent of which was Shadow Warriors: The Untold Story of Traitors, Saboteurs, and the Party of Surrender, published by Crown Forum in 2007. He was also a contributor to a section in Frank J. Gaffney, Jr.'s War Footing: 10 Steps America Must Take to Prevail in the War for the Free World (Naval Institute Press, 2005).
- 1 Russia "Cleaned Up" Saddam's WMD
- 2 Iranian nuclear weapons test
- 3 Iran Freedom Support Act
- 4 Profiles
- 5 Affiliations
- 6 Articles
- 7 Published Works
- 8 Testimony
- 9 Contact Information
- 10 Related SourceWatch Resources
- 11 External links
- 12 References
Russia "Cleaned Up" Saddam's WMD
Iranian nuclear weapons test
"United Press International carried a story last Thursday about a group called the Foundation for Democracy in Iran," William Rivers Pitt wrote January 22, 2006, in truthout. "This group, according to the UPI story, claims that, 'Tehran is planning a nuclear weapons test before the Iranian New Year on March 20, 2006.' FDI, according to the story, offered absolutely no proof to back this claim. But that's not three to five years. That's less than ten weeks. Scary stuff, right?
"Take a closer look, however," Pitt wrote, "and you can see the fingerprints of the architects of our current Iraq boondoggle all over this. The Foundation for Democracy in Iran is run by a man named Kenneth Timmerman. Timmerman is umbilically connected to the godfather of right-wing think tanks, the American Enterprise Institute. It was the American Enterprise Institute that spawned the Project for the New American Century, the think tank that gave us Cheney, Wolfowitz, Rumsfeld, the original noise about Iraqi WMD, and the idea that a military takeover of the entire Mideast is a bully idea. The same people that terrorized the American people into unnecessary war in Iraq are preparing to do the same with Iran, and all in time for the midterms.
"One must also note the irony of the suggested date for this Iranian nuclear test. March 20, 2006, for those not paying attention, is the three-year anniversary of our invasion of Iraq. And round and round we go," Pitt wrote.
Iran Freedom Support Act
In response to Timmerman's January 13, 2006, article "Next Steps on Iran" published in FrontPageMag.com, Professor Paul Sheldon Foote wrote in his message posted January 13, 2006, to the Yahoo! Group anticom:
- "Kenneth Timmerman is a supporter of the Iran Freedom Support Act, sponsored in the House of Representatives by Congresswoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen [(R-Florida)]. Ros-Lehtinen, who came to America from Fidel Castro's communist Cuba at age seven, is one of the strongest supporters of the Iranian Communist MEK (Rajavi Cult) terrorists. Timmerman did not even mention the Iran Freedom Support Act as a next step on Iran. If this act becomes law, American taxpayers will be providing millions of dollars to communists in Iran. While there are many communist and other opposition groups operating in Iran, the Iranian monarchists would have a difficult time to identify even one opposition group in Iran seeking a return to monarchy.
- "While Kenneth Timmerman deserves praise for revealing the money and techniques that the Iranian Communist MEK (Rajavi Cult) terrorists use in corrupting America's political process, he needs to write articles on other important subjects, such as: (1) Other than speaking at an Iranian monarchist rally, does he speak for or receive funding from Reza Pahlavi? (2) Is Massoud Rajavi, leader of the MEK, being held by the American military at Camp Mercury, Iraq as a prisoner for killing Americans and for war crimes against Iranians and Iraqis or being protected until the American military installs a communist regime in Iran?"
"Born in New York in 1953, Timmerman obtained a BA from Goddard College in 1973 and an M.A. from Brown University in 1976. He moved to France, where he pursued a career as a novelist, publishing a novel called Wren Hunt in 1976 and a novella called The Iskra Scrolls in 1980."
"In the early 1980's, Timmerman became a Middle East correspondent for The Atlanta Journal-Constitution and developed an expertise in the Middle East and the arms trade. In 1982, he was taken prisoner for 24 days by Fatah guerillas in Lebanon. He was the first journalist on the scene when Islamic militants bombed the US Embassy in 1983.
"From 1985 to 1987, Timmerman was a correspondent for Defense and Armament Newsweek and Military Technology, covering the Iran-Iraq War and the arms industry in the Middle East. He won the Joe Petrosino Prize for Investigative Reporting in 1987 for an investigation of an Iranian arms procurement group.
"From 1987 to 1993, Timmerman published the Middle East Defense News and was international correspondent for Defense Electronics. He also wrote monographs for the Simon Wiesenthal Center on alleged efforts by Iraq, Syria and Libya to acquire weapons of mass destruction."
According to his website profile,
- Timmerman has "operated Middle East Data Project, Inc., a small business that has provided investigative support and policy guidance to government agencies and private companies on three continents" since 1987.
- In 1995, with Peter W. Rodman, Joshua Muravchik, and "a group of Iranian patriots, he established the Foundation for Democracy in Iran (FDI)."
- "In 1998, he tracked renegade Saudi financier Osama Bin Ladin and his international terrorist network halfway across the globe for Reader's Digest, publishing his expose on the unknown Saudi just weeks before he attacked two U.S. embassies in Africa."
- "In April 1983, he was the first U.S. correspondent on scene when the U.S. Embassy in Lebanon was blown up by Islamic militants."
- "During the later half of the 1980s, he covered the Iran-Iraq war, gaining first-hand knowledge of Iraq's deadly weapons buildup."
- Advisory Panel Member, African American Republican Leadership Council
- Advisory Board Member, Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs (August 2000)
- President, Maryland Taxpayers Association, Inc. (March 2000; February 2001) 
- Recent Articles published by FrontPageMag.com.
- Recent Articles published by NewsMax.
- Op-Ed: "Who Bombed the Embassies?" Wall Street Journal (JINSA Online), August 11, 1998.
- "A nod for envoy to Argentina," The Washington Times (The Iranian), May 26, 1999.
- "Russo-American Nuclear Cities," The American Spectator (JINSA Online, July 6, 1999), July 1999.
- "'Coup behind closed doors'. Republican observers in Miami-Dade say Democrats attempted secret recount," Western Journalism Center, December 1, 2000.
- "GOP, Dems launch vote-fraud probes. Hastert promises to improve process; Gephardt to stamp out 'intimidation'," Western Journalism Center (WorldNetDaily), February 15, 2001.
- "Preachers of Hate" (excerpts from his book) published by WorldNetDaily:
- Details of the Postwar Master Plan, Insight Magazine, November 24, 2003.
- "Pipes Objects to Fox in the Henhouse," Insight Magazine (danielpipes.org), March 19, 2004.
- "What We Knew...and Didn't Do," Reader's Digest (Foundation for the Defense of Democracies), April 13, 2004.
- "Probe to blow lid off massive U.N. scandal. Documents prove oil-for-food corruption involving world leaders," WorldNetDaily, April 15, 2004.
- "Counterfeit recollections," Washington Times, April 19, 2004.
- "Saddam's WMD have been found. New evidence unveils chemical, biological, nuclear, ballistic arms," WorldNetDaily, April 26, 2004 (Insight Magazine, April 27, 2004; FrontPageMag.com, April 28, 2004). re findings of the Iraq Survey Group
- With comments by Emanuel A. Winston, "Arafat Murdered U.S. Diplomats," Gamla , October 3, 2004.
- "Iran's Nuclear Zealot," Project Syndicate, 2005.
- "Freedom to Believe. Iran's Christians have a high price to pay," kentimmerman.com, December 15, 2005.
- "War Within Range?" FrontPageMag.com (kentimmerman.com), January 5, 2006.
- "Next Steps on Iran," FrontPageMag.com, January 13, 2006.
- "Iranian President Sees End of World Order," NewsMax, January 24, 2006.
- Commentary: "Showdown with Iran," Washington Times, February 8, 2006.
- "Ex-Official: Russia Moved Saddam's WMD," NewsMax, February 19, 2006.
- "Time for a plan to undo Iran," Washington Times (kentimmerman.com), February 23, 2006.
- Shadow Warriors: The Untold Story of Traitors, Saboteurs, and the Party of Surrender, Crown Forum, November 2007 (hardcover), ISBN 0307352099.
- Countdown to Crisis: The Coming Nuclear Showdown with Iran, Crown Forum, June 14, 2005 ISBN 1400053684. Washington Post Review posted on Amazon.com; Crown Forum promotion.
- The French Betrayal of America, Three Rivers Press; Reprint edition, March 22, 2005 ISBN 1400053676.
- Shakedown: Exposing the Real Jesse Jackson, Regnery Publishing, Reprint edition, January 2004 ISBN 0895261081.
- Preachers of Hate: Islam and the War on America, Crown Forum, October 21, 2003 ISBN 1400049016.
- Selling Out America, Xlibris Corporation; 1 edition, July 24, 2000 ISBN 0738828599.
- Death Lobby: How the West Armed Iraq, Houghton Mifflin (T), November 1991 ISBN 0395593050.
- Contributor to Section on "Regional Initiatives" in Frank J. Gaffney, Jr.'s War Footing: 10 Steps America Must Take to Prevail in the War for the Free World, Naval Institute Press, November 24, 2005, ISBN 1591143012. 
- "In their own words: Interviews with leaders of Hamas, Islamic Jihad and the Muslum Brotherhood : Damascus, Amman, and Gaza," Simon Wiesenthal Center, 1994 ISBN 094305821X.
- "Iraq rebuilds its military industries: A staff report," U.S. Government Printing Office, Superintendent of Documents, Congressional Sales Office, January 1, 1993, ASIN B0006P3146.
- "Weapons of Mass Destruction: The Cases of Iran, Syria & Libya," Simon Wiesenthal Center, August 1992 (Paperback) ISBN 0614032261.
- "The BNL blunder: How U.S. policy allowed a bank in Atlanta to help finance Saddam Hussein's war machine : a special report," Middle East Defense News, January 1, 1991, ASIN B0006P5XXI.
- "Poison Gas Connection: Western Suppliers of Unconventional Weapons and Technologies to Iraq and Iran," Diane Publishing Company, November 1990 (Paperback) ISBN 0756707811.
- "Fanning the Flames: Guns, Greed & Geopolitics in the Gulf War", written 1986-1987.
- Roundtable Discussion: "Iran and Iraq" with Michael Eisenstadt, Kenneth Katzman, Kenneth Timmerman and Seth Carus, hosted by the System Planning Corporation for the Commission to Assess the Ballistic Missile Threat to the United States, March 23, 1998. (Posted on the Federation of American Scientists (FAS) website.)
- Testimony of Kenneth R. Timmerman, President, Middle East Data Project, Inc., Before the Subcommittee on Space and Aeronautics Hearing on H.R. 1883, Iran Nonproliferation Act of 1999, July 13, 1999: "Russian Assistance to Iran's missile programs." (Posted on FAS website.)
- "Rogue States and Ballistic Missiles: Lessons and Prospects," Appendix III to the Commission, posted by Iran Watch.
Related SourceWatch Resources
- Speakers Profile: "Kenneth R. Timmerman, Investigative Journalist," The Intelligence Summit 2006, February 17-20, 2006, Arlington, Virginia.
- Kenneth Timmerman Filmography, IMDb.com.
- Author: Kenneth Timmerman, The On-Line Israel Advocacy Manual, A Unity Coalition for Israel  Publication.
- Kenneth R. Timmerman in the Wikipedia.
Articles & Commentary
- Transcript: "Opening a Door," PBS Online NewsHour, December 15, 1997. Interview with Timmerman
- Editorial: "Torricelli and Timmerman," Forward, April 10, 1998.
- Wolf Blitzer, Interview with Louay Safi and Kenneth Timmerman: "Has America's war against terror turned into a religious war, at least for some?" CNN, October 29, 2003.
- Joseph Farah, "Farah hosts bestselling author Kenneth Timmerman. Latest book, 'Preachers of Hate,' reveals threat of 'new' anti-Semitism," WorldNetDaily, November 10, 2003.
- Jamie Glazov, "Preachers of Hate," FrontPageMag.com, November 13, 2003. Interview with Timmerman.
- "Hate to Win? Talking with journalist Kenneth Timmerman. A Q&A by Kathryn Jean Lopez," National Review Online, November 21, 2003.
- "The French Connection. Kenneth Timmerman reports on deep and tight Chirac-Saddam ties," National Review Online, March 22, 2004.
- "Insight, WorldNetDaily, FrontPage reported that Iraqi WMD have been found," Media Matters for America, August 28, 2004.
- Jamie Glazov, "Osama in Iran?" FrontPageMag.com, June 24, 2004. Interview with Timmerman.
- Melanie, "Imagine That - Osama bin Laden's In Iran! (Get Ready for the Next War)," News Hounds, June 14, 2005.
- Donna, "Osama Bin Laden's in Iran - Take Two," News Hounds, June 15, 2005.
- Jon Stewart's Daily Show Celebrity Interview with Kenneth Timmerman, Comedy Central, June 16, 2005: "Iran is out to get us, which is the argument they made about Iraq so they were only one letter off."
- Op-Ed: "Iran, September 11 and the CIA," Washington Times, June 27, 2005.
- "Senator Kerry Protégé Delays Pro-Democracy Funds for Iran," Free Congress Foundation, July 28, 2005.
- Ron Jacobs, "Kenneth Timmerman's Iranian 'Democracy' and the 'Intelligence' Summit," MR Zine, January 2, 2006.
- "Iran in sight. Decyphering," Voltaire Net, January 15, 2006. Scroll down to commentary on Timmerman.
- William Rivers Pitt, "Democrats: Get Up and Walk Out," truthout, January 22, 2006.
- Steven D, "Beware! Iran to Have Bomb in a Few Months!" Daily Kos, January 23, 2006.
- "Bolton, Timmerman Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize; Swedish Leader Cites Efforts Exposing Iranian Nuclear Plans," U.S. Newswire, February 7, 2006.
- Ellen, "FOX News Fans The Flames Of Middle East Tensions," News Hounds, February 7, 2006.
- Susan Jones, "John Bolton, Ken Timmerman Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize," Cybercast News Service (NewsMax), February 8, 2006.
- Ron Jacobs, "'A Long Struggle' against Iran," MR Zine, March 11, 2006.
- Terry Krepel, "Curt Weldon's Mouthpieces", ConWebWatch, December 13, 2006.